Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Phone app stuck after updating to iOS 9

Hello all.

I updated my iPhone 6 Plus to iOS 9. After a few hours of using it with no problems the Phone app got stuck. The app is blank and is stuck on "Recents".

User uploaded file

I did restart the phone and what not. I even tried restoring, but with no luck.

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 9

Posted on Sep 17, 2015 8:27 AM

13 replies

Sep 29, 2015 5:46 AM in response to raedm

I have a similar problem in my iPhone 5. I am to fix it temporarily by "Settings > General > Reset all settings"

The issue comes up again after a day or 2. Totally fed up with Apple's service. This issue should be resolved asap, else the whole long trust on APPLE will diminish and, I'll have to move on to some other OS/Phone.

Really sad after doing this update. the issue also didn't fix after 9.0.1 update

Nov 6, 2015 11:26 PM in response to raedm

Try this:

power off and on, but before power off, goto settings > cellular > set celluar data OFF.

after power on, turn on cellular data.

this seems to work with my iphone4s, iOS9.1.

(in another case, turn off celluar data of all the apps, and turn on one by one after confirming if the phone app is not freezing for enough period of time. turn on the most needed app fIrst.)

Nov 9, 2015 9:12 AM in response to raedm

I am experiencing the same problem with my new IPhone 6s 64GB. Got the latest version of IOS. Sometimes when I try to access contact, it's getting stuck. That means I simply can't acces contacts in any way. This problem is only for the options under the phone icon.(contacts, phone logs, call history, keypad to call or voice mail).

* Phone icon gets stuck , but i could get a call through 3D though shortcut menu to my favorites. when i also try to access new contacts it also getting stuck. Also when stuck, my only option to search contacts is through spotlight & get a call through their.

* Also when stuck I could not access phone option under settings.

* Sometimes calls will not receive.

I have attached some files to see how my phone option is appearing when this happened.

ONLY TEMPORARY OPTION TO SOLVE THE ISSUE IS TO RESTART. BUT SOMETIMES IT WON'T HELP. I HAVE TO RESTART TWO TIME. IT SEEMS LIKE NOT THIS IS HAPPENING REPEATEDLY NOW.

Can anyone help me with this issue. Is Apple know about this ? User uploaded fileUser uploaded file

Phone app stuck after updating to iOS 9

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.