Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is easytechy a reliable support for Mac OS ?

I received à notification saying my computer was infected oN a pop up. I CallEd the number of the CallEd easythechy and ended up paying 150euros for an antivirus.. Do any of you Know this company or did i just make the biggest mistake ???

Posted on Sep 17, 2015 8:05 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 17, 2015 9:11 AM

Sorry, but you have been scammed. If you allowed them access to your computer, consider it compromised and restore it using a backup that predates the access by the criminals. If you divulged financial information, contact your bank to determine steps to deal with the fraud.

7 replies

Sep 17, 2015 9:11 AM in response to Margie26

That is a scam. That scam has been going around for a few months using various company names, but all the same action. Pay money and allow remote access to your computer where they install software, which can now compromise your information and security.

At this point you should get an external hard drive if you do not have one, backup your hard drive, then erase the internal drive and reinstall Mac OS X (the procedure depends on which Mac OS X you have). Then very carefully restore the backed up applications and data - care must be taken to not return the software that was planted to your hard drive.

Is easytechy a reliable support for Mac OS ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.