Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

WD External drive Issue

Hey folks,

Looks like this is a common issue with the WD HD's. I started troubleshooting this evening and tried killing the fsck_hfs process. I was able to kill the process, but had no luck gaining access to my files on the external HD. It is showing as journaled HFS+, the map type is GPT (GUID Partition Table) etc. The actual disk name, the one I gave it is not visible, and the disk will not mount. I was able to verify the disk, with some node errors, and attempted to repair the disk. It completed about 25% then stalled out for 2 plus hours. Upon canceling it stopped immediately. I've done the typical restarts, etc. Oddly instead of showing one disk, it shows the disk, and a partition, which I never created, everything I had saved was originally on the surface level with no partitions on the drive:

Volumes:

• disk2s1:
  • Capacity: 209.7 MB (209,715,200 bytes)
  • BSD Name: disk2s1
  • Content: EFI
  • disk2s2:
  • Capacity: 3 TB (3,000,214,966,272 bytes)
  • File System: Journaled HFS+
  • BSD Name: disk2s2
  • Content: Apple_HFS
  • Volumes:
  • disk

If anyone can help your advise is so much appreciated. All of my company info is one here and I'm so done without it. Thank you all so much for your comments on here, I've got hope! Cheers

<Subject Edited by Host>

My Book 1230:

Posted on Sep 16, 2015 10:40 PM

3 replies

WD External drive Issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.