Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't I view the Round Control in the upper left corner of the shapes

What can't I view the Round Control in the upper left corner of the shapes? I can view all other handles... 😠

Motion 5.2.2

Posted on Sep 17, 2015 8:40 AM

3 replies

Sep 17, 2015 4:53 PM in response to mnstudio

The Rectangle and Circle Shapes changed in Motion 5.2. Instead of specific control points (by default) both now have a new parameter in which you can adjust the width and height for rectangles and the X and Y of a radius for circles. There is an option to convert the shapes to the old style control point model.

There is also a new Tool to use to adjust these shapes:

User uploaded file

It will be Edit Elipse for "circle" shapes.

Once selected, you will have access to the onscreen Roundness control.

It is worth noting that in this new model, when the aspect of shape has been changed, the roundness is consistent and does not stretch as in previous versions. I will also note here that the Circle tool has now become the more superior shape to use as you can go from a perfect circle to a square; but the obverse is not true: you cannot go from a perfect square shape to a perfect circle... go figure.

Sep 18, 2015 1:07 AM in response to fox_m

Instead of specific control points (by default) both now have a new parameter in which you can adjust the width and height for rectangles and the X and Y of a radius for circles

Where is the command?

There is an option to convert the shapes to the old style control point model.

Where is it?

There is also a new Tool to use to adjust these shapes:

It will be Edit Elipse for "circle" shapes.

Once selected, you will have access to the onscreen Roundness control.

I can't find this edit elipse. Where is it?

Can't I view the Round Control in the upper left corner of the shapes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.