Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I UPGRADED MY IPHONE 6 TO IOS 9 AND IS SLOWING IT, ALSO MY PHONE IS NOT WORKING ANYMORE LIKE BEFORE !! Please help me, how can i downgrade it!?

I UPGRADED MY IPHONE 6 TO IOS 9 AND IS SLOWING IT, ALSO MY PHONE IS NOT WORKING ANYMORE LIKE BEFORE !! Please help me, how can i downgrade it!?

iPhone 6, iOS 9, PLEASE, how can i take back IOS 841

Posted on Sep 17, 2015 11:23 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 17, 2015 1:06 PM

Same issue here as well. iphone 6 is not that smooth anymore and you feel the lag. That reminded me when I updated my iphone 4 to ios 7. U spend a fortune buying it and then this is what the update does. I hope apple gets an update soon to fix the lag. Hate the update so far.

9 replies

Sep 22, 2015 12:33 AM in response to myrto1601

Immediately after upgrading my iPhone 6 Plus to iOS 9 I noticed major lagging — definite increase in slowness. I've restarted the phone several times and it does seem to be getting better, but it's definitely not where it was with iOS 8.

The same thing happened when I upgraded my iPhone 5 from iOS 6 to iOS 7. Everything slowed way down! Lots of people were complaining then too.

Why is this always the case with your updates Apple?!

Nov 9, 2015 3:40 PM in response to myrto1601

I really wish I hadn't upgraded my IPhone 5S to IOS 9.1. I've had continuing trouble's with my IPhone now, lagging, applications sitting there with a blank

screen for long periods of time. Back button not working in some applications. It's just a whole range of things that do not work right now.

I also made the mistake of upgrading my wife's IPhone at the same time, and the same things happened to her phone, which she is not happy about. I have rebooted the phones several times, re-installed applications, checked memory available but the problems remain. I work in I.T and I can tell the difference between a crappy product and a piece of software that works well - which IOS 9.1 doesn't.

I also discovered I can NOT downgrade the IPhone as it was two days past the 8.4.1 version, which is no longer being signed.

Apple - really?. Could you not just allow people more time to downgrade their IPhone's to Version IOS 8.4.1, while you are sorting out all the problems with your

IOS 9.1 Operating System. I'm not at all impressed by Apple IPhones now.

Patrick

Nov 9, 2015 3:51 PM in response to mchalep

You might want to try to isolate where the problem is by restoring your device to new as follows:

1. Back up your device to iCloud or iTunes

2. Go to Settings>General>Reset>Erase All Content & Settings

3. Set up your phone as new and do not restore from the backup, to see if the issues you are experiencing are gone

If they are gone, then you want to "manually" rebuild your device by downloading your Apps and Music in small batches to see if you can isolate where the problem is (you can sign into iCloud to to sync your Contacts, Calendars, Notes, etc. but even when you do that, you want to check both before and after the sync to see if the device performs any differently once the iCloud data has been sync'd)

If they are not gone, then you probably want to take your device to the Apple Store to have them take a look at it, but in the mean time, you can follow steps 2 & 3 again but this time around set it up using the backup you made.

The iOS 9 update should not be affecting your 5s negatively. It is a smaller, more compact version and should be working better, not worse than iOS 8 did.

I also have an iPhone 5s, and I'm not seeing any issues at all with it.

Best of luck,

GB

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.