Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Gray bar with 0:00 showing

The picture I have inserted is what I have been getting when I put my iphone in my pocket, when I have the Message screen up and it is still awake, and I take it out and then this shows up. I just did a restart last night and it fixed this issue. Now it is showing on all of my messagesthat I have active, I want to know how to stop this from happening.

Thanks!User uploaded file

Posted on Sep 17, 2015 11:48 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 18, 2015 11:51 AM

Hello devrygrad09,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

I see from your post and screenshot that you have what looks like the outline of the audio recording over the spot where you can type in Messages. To start troubleshooting this issue I suggest that you close the Messages app, and then restart your iPhone.

1. Press the Home button two times quickly. You'll see small previews of your recently used apps.
  2. Swipe left to find the app you want to close.
  3. Swipe up on the app's preview to close it.

Force an app to close in iOS - Apple Support

1. Press and hold the Sleep/Wake button until the red slider appears.
  2. Drag the slider to turn your device completely off.
  3. After the device turns off, press and hold the Sleep/Wake button again until you see the Apple logo.

Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Take care.

49 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 18, 2015 11:51 AM in response to devrygrad09

Hello devrygrad09,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

I see from your post and screenshot that you have what looks like the outline of the audio recording over the spot where you can type in Messages. To start troubleshooting this issue I suggest that you close the Messages app, and then restart your iPhone.

1. Press the Home button two times quickly. You'll see small previews of your recently used apps.
  2. Swipe left to find the app you want to close.
  3. Swipe up on the app's preview to close it.

Force an app to close in iOS - Apple Support

1. Press and hold the Sleep/Wake button until the red slider appears.
  2. Drag the slider to turn your device completely off.
  3. After the device turns off, press and hold the Sleep/Wake button again until you see the Apple logo.

Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Take care.

Sep 19, 2015 8:10 AM in response to devrygrad09

As an aside note: I used to carry my iPhone in my pocket, after a certain time I got problems with the sound, and the charger cable did not start charging anymore. whatever i did it did not help. At last I found that deep laying compressed dust had to be dislodged and taken out with a (wooden) toothpick. After which it was as new again. Since I still have the iPhone in my pocket but now in a small enclosure.

Gray bar with 0:00 showing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.