Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ipod Nano no longer recognized after latest update to itunes!

I just recently updated the itunes on my windows computer to (12.3) and immediately could no longer access my ipod Nano (6th or 7th gen.) I get the message "An ipod is detected but could not be properly identified." message. I tried uninstalling then reinstalling itunes and also reset my ipod. Now what?

iPod nano (6th generation)

Posted on Sep 17, 2015 11:16 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 17, 2015 4:41 PM

I am in the same boat as you. I downloaded the latest version of itunes this week and now I can't sync my Nano; giving me the same message. This is ridiculous

22 replies

Sep 22, 2015 11:43 PM in response to g0nz0_375

I'm having the exact same problem (ipod Nano & Windows 10) and have tried everything advised in the support articles. In fact I've uninstalled and reinstalled iTunes and my USB drivers several times. I've even managed to get the previous version of iTunes and that still won't work. Luckily I have a Netbook I use for travelling and this connects perfectly as it has an old version ofiTunes and wasn't corrupted by the update.

Any help much appreciated as all my music is on my computer and I can only get Podcasts at the minute.

Sep 23, 2015 6:25 PM in response to eirebadboy

I've managed to resolve this issue but it required me to Google search for the previous version of iTunes. Try searching iphonefirmware itunes.

Firstly I completely removed all iTunes/Apple software on my PC. There is a guide on this site for doing this.

Once removed I installed the older iTunes and my ipod connected straight away. It's obviously the update and judging by the amount of threads starting to appear here is widespread.

Sep 23, 2015 11:01 PM in response to g0nz0_375

Hi i had the same problem nothing that apple suggest works they do not care for the apple ipod 6th generation user

the solution is really very simple

you restore your computer say, 2 days to before you installed the i tunes software update.with windows restore

everything is as it was before the update .this takes 5 minutes at most

this worked for me

i have used it already twice after 2 tips from apple what to do which did not work

Sep 30, 2015 8:37 AM in response to g0nz0_375

Same problem and both heartened and disheartened to see that others with this problem have not been given a satisfactory answer. I thought it might be my Ipod at fault but found I could sync on an old computer with previous versions of Itunes. That tells me that the problem is Itunes and Apple needs to fix it. I will try the repair idea but I doubt it will work.

Ipod Nano no longer recognized after latest update to itunes!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.