Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Getting older! Font size and lighter grey font color are unreadable. Drop downs and pages unaffected by Command . Any fix?

How can I raise font size in Drop downs, Pages, Apple info windows, etc? Many fonts unaffected by Command +. Tried black background, still too small. Any Fix on Mac Air 13 with Mountain Lion 10.8.5? I'm an unsophisticated user but open to any fix.

Thanks!

MacBook Air, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.5), all fonts not affected by Command +

Posted on Sep 17, 2015 2:11 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 17, 2015 2:30 PM

Try opening Accessibility preferences to find some possible help such as Zoom. User a lower screen resolution to make everything larger. Increase default font size in those applications that permit it.

5 replies

Nov 21, 2015 2:56 PM in response to Kappy

More than a solution this is a workaround, and all the options have significant drawbacks:

1. Magnifier: very cumbersome and slow
  2. Accessibility zoom: make the screen bigger than the display, which is inconvenient
  3. Reduce display resolution: turns a wonderful display into a fuzzy, lower resolution one

I use the 3rd option, but only as the least aggravating choice. One thing I miss from Windows, is the ability to JUST change the font of menus, dropdowns, or whatever is configured for aesthetics rather than useability (or for anyone over 30...).

Apple ignores the feedback, and version after version lacks the most basic ability to control effectively the size of those fonts that are not affected by application options or CMD+.

Getting older! Font size and lighter grey font color are unreadable. Drop downs and pages unaffected by Command . Any fix?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.