Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MS Exchange account not working after iOS 9 update

This morning's iOS 9 update blew up my MS Exchange email accounts on my iPhone 6 Plus (not Office 365). Has anyone experienced this? We have Exchange 2007 on SBS 2008. Email accounts worked prior to update. Error: "EXCHANGE ACCOUNT Unable to verify account information. OK"

I have tried the following:

1. Reset network settings
  2. Deleted and recreated the account
  3. Deleted and recreated the account with wifi turned off
  4. Created the account with SSL turned off
  5. Rebooted phone
  6. Setup the account without optional domain name

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 9, null

Posted on Sep 17, 2015 2:57 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 22, 2015 1:25 PM

I have come across the same issue with IPHONE 6 after updating to IOS9. MS Exchange 2007 worked fine up until the IOS9 update. I attempted all the same trouble shooting steps to no avail. After numerous calls over the past 4 days to Apple Helpdesk today they finally confirmed and admitted that this is a known issue with the IOS9 update. At first they told me our server administrator had to fix the issue, which was complete BS. They are supposedly "working as fast as they can to provide a solution", but right now there is nothing they can do for any of us who have this issue. I travel for work and its imperative that I get work emails on my phone. I asked if i could go back to IOS8, they said no that is not an option. Not sure what to do now, Apple should pay for time out of office since i can't effectively perform my job unless I go and buy an android.

18 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 22, 2015 1:25 PM in response to HavNHavNot

I have come across the same issue with IPHONE 6 after updating to IOS9. MS Exchange 2007 worked fine up until the IOS9 update. I attempted all the same trouble shooting steps to no avail. After numerous calls over the past 4 days to Apple Helpdesk today they finally confirmed and admitted that this is a known issue with the IOS9 update. At first they told me our server administrator had to fix the issue, which was complete BS. They are supposedly "working as fast as they can to provide a solution", but right now there is nothing they can do for any of us who have this issue. I travel for work and its imperative that I get work emails on my phone. I asked if i could go back to IOS8, they said no that is not an option. Not sure what to do now, Apple should pay for time out of office since i can't effectively perform my job unless I go and buy an android.

Sep 23, 2015 9:54 AM in response to lvicencio

Apple support told me to reset my phone to factory defaults and re-configure the MS Exchange account. THIS DID NOT WORK. As resetting to factory defaults was the last option Apple provided, I downgraded to 8.4.1 successfully and was able to reconnect to my Exchange server. I saw many posts that indicated the downgrade was not supported, but I was able to locate the .ipsw for 8.4.1 and restore to the old iOS. I then connected to iCloud and restored my data.

MS Exchange account not working after iOS 9 update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.