Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Home Sharing Music Still Not Working after IOS 9 ?

Hi

I have upgraded to IOS 9, yet I still do not see the Shared Music in Music

I have followed all instructions :

- Turn on [Home Sharing] in ITunes 12

- Used the same [AppleID] in [Settings] >[Music] >[HomeSharing]

- But , when I go to the Music app's Library Tab, click the [Category Selector] (which defaults to [Artists]) ,

and tapping the [Category Selector] does NOT bring up the [HomeSharing] Option 😟

I have tried this on iTunes12 with my PC, iMac , Macbook, and IOS9 on iPhone & iPad

Still not able to get [Home Sharing] working with my Music 😟

I know Home Sharing Music was switched off in 8.4, then it was enabled in IOS9 BETA,

but not sure if it has been removed in IOS 9?

thanks for your help,

regards

Paul

iPhone 6, iOS 9, ITUNES12 Home Sharing Music

Posted on Sep 17, 2015 3:47 PM

10 replies

Sep 26, 2017 12:13 AM in response to pmmatthews

A little late extra reply...

I am running 9.3.5 on an ipad (2, I think). I recently had to reset to factory state and I also re loaded all wanted apps - I didn't want to re load from a previous backup. This was to try and sort a problem brought about by an Apple ID change.

After completion I also had no home sharing. The reply by Kaitlan resolved my problem. Incidentally when I got this ipad, I mysteriously received a 'free download' ( a song by Kodaline). Was this a workaround by Apple to resolve the missing Library/Home Sharing issue. By having the one song in the library appeared to solve the problem. The song was there all the time until my rebuild.

When I rebuilt the iPad I had no songs so the menu was missing. Thanks to Kaitlan, I loaded one album and the menu returned. Without any songs there was nothing for the library selection menu (Artist, Album, Song etc.) to refer to, so no need for it. But, the Home Sharing tab is part of that menu!

One final point, when I switch on home sharing and select my library on my home pc, I get my 12,000 or so songs to stream. After a while of iPad non use, I find that the library has reset and I have to reload my library. Takes a while ?

SjH

Sep 18, 2015 6:04 PM in response to TheUltimateLink84

Hello, I am like you. I keep no music in ipad and stream only when im home. I could not get it working initially either in ios 9. I took my que from you though. I connected ipad to mac and loaded one song only on. Then unplugged etc. Tapped my music on ipad in music app, then gave me songs option in centre top of screen, when tapping you get a drop down that gives you a home sharing option which it did not before. So it seams unless you have one song or more physically on your ipad it wont give you option to home share.

<Edited by Host>

Sep 22, 2015 4:00 PM in response to kaitlanfrominverell

I also had to load a single music file onto my iPhone5 in order to link to my iTunes library on my iMac. With no music on the iPhone there is no option to get to the library which is kind of a pain in the ***, Apple. Getting my shared library to show up on the phone took several minutes but that's probably because my library is about 18,000 songs. No resetting of my Time Capsule router was necessary.

Sep 24, 2015 10:29 AM in response to weitrhino1

Yup, I had to the same. Thanks to the advice found here otherwise I would still be going crazy over trying to get my Home Sharing network working again. I keep zero music files on the iPad and all music it played was streamed from my Mac, so to get the option I needed a song installed on it. Connected it via wire and transferred a single song and got it working.

Apple I bought into your system because it used it to be easy, it used to be intuitive, it used to to just work.

Can you please get your act together as you are becoming more and more like MS.

Home Sharing Music Still Not Working after IOS 9 ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.