Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

"Could not activate cellular data network" Error message after iOS 9 update

Hi,

I updated my iPhone 5S to iOS 9 and I'm getting an error "Could not activate cellular data network" when i use the cellular data. The carrier is H2O Wireless and i had a chat with the apple representative regarding the issue and here are the list of step i did as suggested by the representative and its still not working but all the applications works on the Wi-Fi and a symbol "4G" displays next to the signal strength.

1. Settings, turned airplane mode on, waited for 10 seconds, and then turned off again. Then opened settings>general>reset>reset network settings.
  2. Checked for a Carrier Settings Update. Settings > General > About.
  3. Checked for settings>general>software update or carrier?
  4. Removed the SIM Card and reinserted it. Allowed the iPhone to acquire the network again.
  5. Last want to try to restore.

Please drop your ideas and suggestion to fix this issue.

Regards,

Chetan.

iPhone 5s, iOS 9

Posted on Sep 17, 2015 4:31 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 17, 2015 5:31 PM

I Have the exactly same issue, I also use H2o and updated ios9 last night. My cellular data couldn't be activated just after the ios9 update. Anyone get any ideas?

9 replies

Sep 18, 2015 4:17 AM in response to Gordaxx

Hi,

I tired chat session with the H2O wireless and they admitted it the network is not ready for the iOS 9 and the engineers are working on it, there is no time frame when it will be resolved, how long its going to take, and finally there is no way H2O would inform the solution. So they asked me to wait for the solutions and keep in touch with the support team.

Mean while in the night i was trying to find if there is an update from H2O and they did have it and below is the link where you need key in your number and they will send you a link to your phone to download the updated APN.

https://www.h2owirelessnow.com/mainControl.php?page=IPhoneData#

Interestingly when you install the new H2O APN it says that the "Traffic can be filtered and Monitored". What does it mean?

Please post if you get the same message.

Regards,

Chetan.

Sep 18, 2015 5:18 AM in response to Chetanm

Yes, I got the same message. I would assume it means that they will be examining some cellular data traffic while they work on a permanent fix for this problem. I will keep my eye out for a final APN update.

By the way, you said that you did a chat session with H2O. Where did you find the option to do that? I didn't see it.

"Could not activate cellular data network" Error message after iOS 9 update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.