Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Phone stuck on apple logo after iOS 9 update.

Phone stuck on apple logo after iOS 9 update. I tried restoring with iTunes but it just gets stuck. Help please.

iPhone 6 Plus

Posted on Sep 17, 2015 7:25 PM

84 replies

Aug 16, 2017 11:10 PM in response to johnotalvaro9877

Hey, I know it's a question years ago, but I want to post something useful.

It is really easy to fix iPhone stuck on appl logo problem. You just need to use iOS system recovery. It can connect your iPhone deeply and fix the problem for you easily. You can learn how to fix iPhone stuck on apple logo. You can also fix iPhone stuck in recovery mode, blue screen, black screen, white screen, stuck in dfu mode and other iOS problems easily.

Sep 18, 2015 7:37 AM in response to johnotalvaro9877

I have this problem too.

I updated via the phone first and got stuck on apple logo after the progress bar completed.

Then I tried restoring to iOS 9 via iTunes from my macbook. Same outcome (stuck on apple logo) after trying 3 times.

Restored phone back to iOS 8.4.1 and that managed to complete.

Tried to update to iOS 9 via iTunes from my iMac and also got stuck on apple logo.

Tired to restore to iOS 9 via iTunes with same result.

Restored back to iOS 8.4.1 so at least I can use my phone.

What the h*** ? #thiswouldnothavehappenedifstevejobswerearound #joking #pleasehelpme

Sep 18, 2015 8:27 AM in response to acdiamond5

I could not update but to be able to use my phone again I restored it back to iOS 8.4.1. I downloaded the 8.4.1 ipsw for my iPhone model (iPhone 6 Plus) and option + click the restore button in iTunes to select the downloaded ipsw file.

Full instructions here http://www.macworld.co.uk/how-to/iosapps/how-downgrade-from-ios-9-to-8-7-reinsta ll-ios-8-3522302/#howtodowngrade

Sep 22, 2015 8:15 AM in response to johnotalvaro9877

I'm getting the same issue as well, but if I restore to iOS 9 without backup I could use it fine. In my case I think it's an issue with the backup, but the backup works fine when I downgrade back to 8.4.1.. I've tried 9.0 public beta 1, 9.0 and 9.1 public beta 1 and I still get the same issue stuck on the apple logo when ever I put my backup on it.

Sep 22, 2015 9:46 AM in response to acdiamond5

Hi Use below steps to get iOS 8.4 Firstly download iOS 8.4.1 firmware from below link.. I just did it today https://ipsw.me/ Disable Find my iPhone feature from Settings>> iCloud Download iOS 8.4.1 firmware according to your device's model number Connect your iPhone/iPad to the PC Launch iTunes and select the iS device Hold Alt/Option key on Mac, or Shift key on Windows and click Check for Update option, but not Restore iPhone option ..this is most imp Select the ipsw file you have downloaded in previous step iTunes will now update your device to iOS 8.4.1 and verify it with Apple. Click Update iTunes will downgrade your iOS device to iOS 8.4.1 Once the process is completed, your iOS device will restart. Once you see Slide to upgrade, enter your passcode and wait until the downgrade process finishes. You might get prompt to activate your device Your iOS device will now be ready to get started with the older iOS 8.4.1 firmware. I tried it today. My phone was stuck for 4 days .. At least I got a working device now.... Mukund

Sep 22, 2015 10:35 AM in response to johnotalvaro9877

hi, I've got the same problem on my iPhone 4S, but all of the above mentioned tips don't work. When trying to downgrade to 8.4.1 I get an "unknown error 4013" an it goes right into loop-mode again.

I don't even want to restore the **** phone, I just want to be able to use it again... **** apple for not integrating some kind of hardware reset!

Sep 30, 2015 1:07 PM in response to Amin_Me

I got the same problem I had to resort to putting everything back manually without the backup. You have to save your info to icloud.

1. restored to 9.0.1 or 9.0.2

2. sign into icloud website and turn your contacts to vcard and email it to yourself.

3. sign in to your email through safari and open the vcard attachment and the contacts will save to phone.

4. if you backed up your apps to itunes you could sync them to your phone.

5. everything else would have to be done manually.

This is the only way I found I could upgrade to iOS 9 I tried everything else. I am currently on iOS and it's been working perfectly.

Oct 1, 2015 3:31 AM in response to johnotalvaro9877

Yep.

Same thing here with my iPad Air 2.

Progress bar shows up but never moves even one pixel.

Now that the possibility to downgrade to 8.4.1 has vanished, I am not willing to try anything until I am certain this issue has been resolved.

To continue without data and start new is not an option.

I even managed to get most of the data on the device running iOS 9 but the iPad no longer shows up in iTunes….

Oct 1, 2015 8:12 AM in response to Kryogenik

Add another user to the list of people having this issue. Haven't tried updating with the latest (9.0.2) version yet, but my hopes are not high.

Tried chatting with Apple support about this and the CSR basically fixated on the fact that I had "rolled back" to 8.4.1 to get my phone working, even though I used the software from the Apple site. Basically what that told me is that he had no idea what was causing the issue. His recommendation was to completely remove and reinstall iTunes, but I can't see how that would make a difference.

Planning to try 9.0.2 tonight and see if it works.

Phone stuck on apple logo after iOS 9 update.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.