Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

have updated itunes 12.3 but now can not add a song to any of my playlists

Have just updated Itunes to 12.3 on my Macbook air, now find I can not add a song to a playlist, no provision to add to a playlist in drop box next to song.

MacBook Air, OS X Yosemite (10.10.5)

Posted on Sep 17, 2015 7:31 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 21, 2015 2:49 AM

Same issue here, happens on both iMac and Mac mini also.

iCloud library is on and playlist are loaded but no able to add music to library.

Firewall disabled, keychain re-enabled, tried to log out and in and disable and enable iCloud library as well as turning iTunes off and on several times.

Seriously considering getting back to Spotify, this think just doesn't work! 😟

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 21, 2015 2:49 AM in response to Bobbywest

Same issue here, happens on both iMac and Mac mini also.

iCloud library is on and playlist are loaded but no able to add music to library.

Firewall disabled, keychain re-enabled, tried to log out and in and disable and enable iCloud library as well as turning iTunes off and on several times.

Seriously considering getting back to Spotify, this think just doesn't work! 😟

Sep 21, 2015 6:33 PM in response to richard grant

RIchard,

in answer to your questions,

yes I am clicking the three dots looking for "add to playlist" does not appear in the actions.

NO I have not tried dragging the song across to the side bar, I will try today when I can get in front of my MacBook Air.

I Would still imagine there is a glitch as if I still have the "add to playlist" option on my IPad and IPhone, why no option on my Computer! Especially as I compile most of my Playlists on the computer and make them "available off line" on the IPad or IPhone.

Thanks

Sep 24, 2015 8:03 AM in response to Bobbywest

It's also missing for me in 12.3, I can easily drag to the left which opens the playlist bar and drop it in, but you're right it does add extra steps in that workflow since you have to drill down to the song/album page itself.

I feel like they removed it thinking it was easier just dragging it, but didn't think about the other use scenarios where it makes it more difficult, hopefully they will add it back.

have updated itunes 12.3 but now can not add a song to any of my playlists

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.