Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Music error -45054 on Windows 10

Hi,

Just did the 12.3.44 update for itunes. I am running Windows 10.

Before the update, I would play a song and the error message would show up, but the song would keep playing. Now no music can play, and the top message bar will just keep alternating between "accessing store" and then the song I requested, and then the error message dialog box.

Have not found anything useful for Windows 10 yet.

Anyone? Please help! (this close to ditching apple music)

Geoff

Posted on Sep 17, 2015 11:38 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 20, 2015 8:34 PM

Try right clicking on your Windows 10 icon on your desktop then go to "properties". Click the "Compatibility" tab and check the "Run this program as an administrator". You may also want to check the, "Run this program in compatibility mode for: Windows 8" if you still have issues. This seemed to fix the permissions which allows iTunes to save your downloads into your Windows folders.

Good Luck, hope it helps.

Cheers.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 20, 2015 8:34 PM in response to Negrotski

Try right clicking on your Windows 10 icon on your desktop then go to "properties". Click the "Compatibility" tab and check the "Run this program as an administrator". You may also want to check the, "Run this program in compatibility mode for: Windows 8" if you still have issues. This seemed to fix the permissions which allows iTunes to save your downloads into your Windows folders.

Good Luck, hope it helps.

Cheers.

Sep 20, 2015 8:42 PM in response to spiroslamba

Thanks! Okay this seems to have fixed the problem -- well what I did was to just find the program in the start menu and right clicked for "run as administrator". It's funny I tried that last week, but in the actual program file for itunes and it didn't work.

The itunes program still seems buggy though after last's weeks update -- takes a long time to load, or doesn't; the minimized toolbar doesn't respond; when the window is open it's not full screen as I usually have it but half screen; right now I am listening to apple music with the program totally closed (from task manager) -- I can even change between songs using the hardware buttons next to my keyboard (Dell inspiron 1525 laptop) -- and can;t reopen the program yet...weird, it has to be the update -- or maybe a program I recently tried to install...any ideas would help ; )

g

Oct 10, 2015 12:13 AM in response to Negrotski

FINALLY I found the solution for this problem....Thank you for your post here!

I do not understand that Apple is not fixing these bugs in time. Overall the whole Apple music software (App, Window Client) is still extremely buggy. Free period ended an now I'm paying so start making a stable Music experience. You have 30days left, otherwise I go back to Deezer or Spotify- at least they are stable and easy to use!

Cheers, Stefan

Apple Music error -45054 on Windows 10

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.