Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Game Center not working since upgrading iPad 2 to iOS 9

Since updating to iOS 9 have been unable to load Game Center. The application starting in its own just leaves a white screen.

if you select Game Center from the settings menu, just get a spinner.

this prevents a number of games loading.

similar issue reported here http://forums.imore.com/ios-9/340783-i-downloaded-ios-9-now-game-center-doesn-t- work-what-could-problem.html

the iPad has created its backup since the installation, so do not feel like doing a factory reset yet.

iPad 2, iOS 9

Posted on Sep 18, 2015 2:47 AM

82 replies

Sep 18, 2015 12:56 PM in response to Wib x1

Ditto all these complaints. I just upgraded to iOS 9, I'm using an iPad 2 as well and gamecenter is NOT workng (I just get the spinner). I was able to get game center to load ONCE as I walked away from it for 30 minutes....but come on Apple....30 minutes!? What happened to this being the quickest iOS ever?! Even after it was loaded though none of the games said I was even logged in to GC so something is definitely wrong. And then when I went back to GC in settings I was back to the endless spinner.... Apple I think you uncorked the bottle on this iOS release a little too prematurely and I know for a fact many people were having very similar issues with Game Center with earlier beta releases of iOS 9 so obviously not all of the issues were addressed. Please fix these problems as I and many others would like to be enjoying our apple gaming glitch/hassle free.

Sep 18, 2015 3:18 PM in response to Wib x1

I am having same problem cannot connect to Game Center since installing iOS 9 all I get is plain white page if I try through settings settings page freezes done factory reset but no joy spoke to someone from Apple Support they suggested resetting and start it as new iPad but I'm not really willing to try that so come on Apple finger out and sort this problem

iPad mini

Sep 18, 2015 6:44 PM in response to L0new0lf_

Lonewolf, I'm in the same boat, no back up....Game Center down and will Not load! Just as the others, my iPad 2 has the same problems, white screen, on settings it freezes, and so on...it only effects my pad, my iPhone 5 is working fine. Last thing I wanted to do is DL this, but i did, and I didn't back it up!You'd think with all this tech, Apple you'd get it right before alowing this massive mess! I'm angry, I think many here are as well, fix the program please,...sooner would be nice change from past resolutions! 😠

Sep 18, 2015 10:10 PM in response to Too Fed Up

get this fed up....you havent heard the worst of it. im replying to you on my ipad 1st generation because i tried to reset my ipad 2 to default settings per apple suppot after the game center bs and now it is stuck. ive tried itunes recovery method and it gets. to tthe same spot and freezes. f apple. whats even more insulting is i needed to use photon browser which enables flash to even respond to u in this forum because of apple dropping support for the ipad one. im done with apple. hope u get yours resolved and id be very leary of trying to do reset.

Sep 20, 2015 6:17 PM in response to Wib x1

I basically gave up because I was so frustrated. I restored iPad to 8.4.1 using an ipsw file. I didn't have an 8.4.1 backup so I lost everything...but my Game Center works! That's more important to me right now. I did backup my iPad in ios 9 so hopefully when they fix this problem, I can restore my settings and data.

ETA: The progress from my Clash of Clans and Boom Beach villages was saved and games that I purchased I didn't have to purchase again. I am very pleased with my decision.

Sep 21, 2015 5:19 AM in response to Wib x1

I'm having the same issue on my iPhone 5S, I don't want to revert to 8.4.1.

It started after installing iOS 9 through my phone

I then backed up and restored from recovery mode using my PC

I then contacted apple they said log out of game center and back in

they then said reset all settings

(I gave up on them)

I am now re installing iOS 9 from recovery mode on my PC using updated iTunes will post if this works

Game Center not working since upgrading iPad 2 to iOS 9

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.