Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 9 Laggy Performance

My iPhone 6 is noticeably laggy in general now after updating to iOS 9. Even more than 24 hours after the install. Especially when I'm texting, my text bubbles get sticky when they're thrown onto the screen after hitting send.

iPhone 6, iOS 9

Posted on Sep 18, 2015 5:28 AM

11 replies

Sep 19, 2015 3:29 PM in response to Mattie G

Thats too bad!

I would try these steps and check after each if the issue is solved:

* Close all apps Force an app to close in iOS - Apple Support

* Close tabs in all browsers (Safari, Chrome etc)

* Clear history and cookies from safari and any other browser you might have installed

* Reduce motions Settings > General > Accessibility > Reduce Motion

* Make backup How to back up your devices using iCloud or iTunes - Apple Support

* Reset all settings Settings > General > Reset

* Restore iPhone with backup

* Restore without backup (if this works its something wrong with your backup)

Sep 21, 2015 2:51 PM in response to Mattie G

What is this?

What is going on with Apple?!?

iOS 9 is total disaster! My (and those of other tons of users as it can be seen on the Net) iPhone 6 128 GB - became unacceptable slow and sluggish and laggy after the update!!

And that is (or used to be, maybe it is worth checking!!) generally related to Android...!

It's a shame of Apple to seed OS that is half-product. It's laggy even on the last Apple IPhone flagship iP6 (6s is not out yet) !!!??

What a shame!!

As I googled, I found "solutions": I switched off Siri, Spotlight search suggested by Siri, I have reduced motion, EVERYTHING that could encumber the iOS. But NO!! Still laggy!!

Pathetic. Very unsatisfied. Apple became unrecognizable.

I'd like you to know that I use iPhones and Iphones ONLY since iPhone 4 era!! I used to think it was good. Because I love good and RELIABLE devices. So I've had 4, 4s, 5, 5s, and now 6. I'm not sure if I am happy with iPhone anymore. And I'd still want to be happy with it.

We all know problems started back at iOS 8!!

Bluetooth issues etc. With iOS 8.4.1 it got bearable...

But then... There came this cr.p iOS 9 with problems again?!??! Unacceptable!! Very. Unacceptable!!!

This is not fair towards us faithful users! Shame on you!

When I pay loads of money for your product, Apple, I demand what I payed for!!!!

I am very disappointed long-years iPhone user.

I am really sorry for my tone in this text, but please don't take offense. I am just really really ****** off by this iOS 9!!

Sep 22, 2015 8:18 PM in response to Mattie G

My ipad air 2 is also extremely laggy since the upgrade.

I've tried restoring to backup, lowering motion, lowering transparency, resetting all settings and still there are terrible lags.

It seems the lags happen right after I move the ipad in any way, if the ipad is stationed on a table I don't notice lags as much.

I hope this helps figure out what the problem is.

Oct 11, 2015 11:42 PM in response to bpuskari

Same feeling here bro. My iphone 6 become soo laggy and sluggish after update ios9. I update it through latest itunes and set as new iphone.. Main problem is animation of UI or say motion of UI disappeared suddenly.no motion work in UI. Though motion reduction switch off in settings. Siri search in the new page introduced by ios9 is sooooo laggy. Spotlight is also laggy. Sometime spotlight search bar stuck in the status bar.. Totally UI problem. After **** update of ios 9.0.1, problem exist . This is happening to my 4 friend's phone also.. They are using iphone 6. After long week of disappointing experience i downgrade my ios to 8.4.1 and now it's running buttery smooth and flawless. I want to use ios 9 just like ios 8.4.1..i bought 6s 64 gb.. Same prob and laggy..I astonished.!!!!! Is it possible?? Will apple do something regarding this issue??? Can apple's os engineer fix it early??

Nov 21, 2015 6:56 AM in response to Janesd

Same problem here. iPhone 6 Plus w/ 128GB, fast as snot on iOS 8, totally degraded GUI performance from the iOS 9 upgrade. No more smooth scrolling -- one of the easiest things to accomplish -- now it is choppy. Transitions, like sliding windows, going in an out of apps, have a low framerate, worse than traditional film (ie. 24p). The Weather app is extremely finicky about what constitutes a horizontal swipe, preferring to do vertical swipes if I'm off the horizontal line by a couple degrees. The new task switcher is harder to use with those teeny app icons, and again swiping accurately has become a chore. I don't know how many times I have to tell Apple Music that I'm not interested in their service; The Music app has become nagware, getting in the way of me enjoying my own purchases with its incessant appeals to join the subscription. And yes, I have turned this service off in Settings.

This is a terrible setback because iPhones for several years have had good, solid, fast interfaces. This looks like it got past Q&A as if amateurs were in charge. Like it doesn't matter anymore to do a good job. And thanks for buying last year but if you're not renewing this year then we don't care.

iOS 9 Laggy Performance

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.