Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 4S Bluetooth Doesn't discover any devices

Hi,

I've iPhone 4S in which Bluetooth doesn't work from iOS 8.4. Till 8.3 it was working fine. I've tried "Reset Network Settings", "Reset All Settings", "Reboot Phone", "Restore Option", "Restore in DFU mode" and none of the option doesn't help. After which I contacted Apple Support and the also suggested me the options which I have tried earlier. I've installed the debugging profile for Bluetooth and saw the BTStack was crashing frequently. I went to Apple Service, they changed the antenna to see if that fixes the problem but it didn't.

Upgrading iOS to 8.4.1 and now to 9 doesn't solve the issue.

These are the devices which were working till I had iOS 8.3 on my phone and none of them work now,

* Creative WP-450 Headset

* 42LG LE5500 Television

* Ford Figo In-Built Audio System

After very long time, sometimes phone discovers the device but when I try to pair, it gives, "Make sure the device is in pair mode" after some 30 secs.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

--

Bharathiraja

iPhone 4S, iOS 9

Posted on Sep 18, 2015 4:29 AM

4 replies

Sep 18, 2015 10:02 PM in response to pbrthemaster

Got the issue resolved after 2months..

Here's what I did yesterday,

* Downgraded my phone to iOS 8.4.1 ( No Backup Restores at this point )

* Upgraded to iOS 9.0 from phone ( Previously I did using iTunes )

* Restored backup using iTunes

* Removed SIM card, Rebooted, Reset All Settings

* Turn off bluetooth and Turn it on and after few hrs everything started working perfectly.

iPhone 4S Bluetooth Doesn't discover any devices

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.