Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Try to add my discover card to Apple Pay,and it keeps telling me to verify my card information.

Try to add my discover card to Apple Pay,and it keeps telling me to verify my card information.I'm positive my card information are all correctj

iPhone 6, iOS 9

Posted on Sep 18, 2015 6:26 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 18, 2015 6:32 AM

When a bank wants to verify your identity before adding your card to Apple Pay, it will normally send you either an email or a text message with a one-time verification code (which may only be valid for, say, 10 minutes). Some banks also allow verification by phone or by secure message (via their own website).

If you haven't received a verification code, it may mean that your bank doesn't have your current cell / mobile phone number or email address. Or they may expect you to call them, so that they can verify your identity that way.

Contact your bank, update your contact details with them (email address, phone number, etc), check what verification method they use and - if they normally send a code - either ask them to send it again or try to add the card again.

10 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 18, 2015 6:32 AM in response to kawairinrin1988

When a bank wants to verify your identity before adding your card to Apple Pay, it will normally send you either an email or a text message with a one-time verification code (which may only be valid for, say, 10 minutes). Some banks also allow verification by phone or by secure message (via their own website).

If you haven't received a verification code, it may mean that your bank doesn't have your current cell / mobile phone number or email address. Or they may expect you to call them, so that they can verify your identity that way.

Contact your bank, update your contact details with them (email address, phone number, etc), check what verification method they use and - if they normally send a code - either ask them to send it again or try to add the card again.

Sep 18, 2015 6:40 AM in response to Jonathan UK

Thank you for your reply.Unfortunately,it never get to the bank verification part.I tried my other visa card yesterday,it works fine,The bank verification part came after I put this card information into my Wallet first.

This discover card won't let me go through the basic card number,name,exp dates and the security code part.Interesting I just got my security code and exp date update this summer.It is a new card,this card was the card associated with apple ID,but because of the confusion of the updated exp date and security code I deleted it from Apple ID first.Tried again this morning,still not working.

Try to add my discover card to Apple Pay,and it keeps telling me to verify my card information.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.