Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ios9 bug apps reopen after a restart

Bunch of apps open. I close them all and then power cycle the phone. When the phone restarts all the apps are open again.

iPad (4th gen) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iOS 6.1.2

Posted on Sep 18, 2015 7:03 AM

13 replies

Sep 18, 2015 7:41 AM in response to KiltedTim

When you double click the home button on the phone or the iPad a carousel of apps that are open appear. Swiping up closes them. Now press the home button to get back to the home screen.

Press the home button twice again does not show these 'recently used apps' as you say - it shows only the home screen.

After restarting the device a double click shows all the same apps in the carousel again. These are the running apps not a list of recently used apps.

Dec 3, 2015 9:28 AM in response to rossknicholson

rossknicholson wrote:

Afraid I have to disagree here. I have a particular app that's a battery hog, if I force close the app the battery drain stops. If I restart my phone the drain begins again until I force close the app once more even though I didn't explicitly open it after the restart.

Then that app is badly written or has gotten corrupted somehow. Unless it is a navigation app or a streaming media aps, it shouldn't be doing that. Try deleting it and reinstalling.

ios9 bug apps reopen after a restart

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.