Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I lost lte 4g after I installed ios 9

Solution please?

iPhone 6, iOS 9

Posted on Sep 18, 2015 6:27 AM

39 replies

Sep 26, 2015 8:00 AM in response to KiltedTim

No thi sis a apple issue and not only on MTN or operator issue

please NOTE:

1) MTN is a international operator so on only in iran ( i thing original form south Africa )

2) Other operators (not in Iran) have the same problem

3) LTE / 4G is a international standard so Apple was not able to match this standard base on the request of US operators to prevent sim unlock !!!!

Oct 1, 2015 3:52 PM in response to Ali.yousefi

ايول من هم چنين مشكلي داشتم و دارم حالمو گرفتهكاشكي آي او اس جديد رو نصب نميكردم من رفتم توي سايت اپل و ديدم نوشته اينترنت سيم كارت قويتر و سريعتر ولي خراب شد بدتر شد همين ديگه خواستم همدردي كنم كه مشكل مشتركي داريم

Oct 3, 2015 5:30 AM in response to yvzyns

I sold my Nokia 8800 Arte gold and buy this iPhone 6 Plus . I bought it in USA!!!

I am so angry to why I did it.I bought it to use LTE, now when I upgraded to iOS 9 it doesn't work, I use RighTel mobile carrier in Iran.I don't know whats the relation of mobile producer (Apple) and mobile carriers? it doesn't make sense a mobile producer tries to ban mobile operators. apple should stay a technology base company not a political company. mobile means a thing that you can take it any where , so your users use your products in all over the world.

my friends and I in Iran decided to never buy apple products . now I have a macbook , iPad air, and iPod . definitely I'll sell them and use other brands such Samsung.

Oct 3, 2015 1:28 PM in response to KiltedTim

HI Kilted

im not forum boy , but I would like to give some answer

it seems that you don't aware about Apple trade compliance , embargo and sanction . It's simple , please google OFAC IRANIAN GENERAL LICENSE NO. D-1 then you will find out how Apple ligally Exporting products and techs to Iran ( supprise ) .

On Febraury 7, 2014, OFAC issued Iranian General License No. D-1, authorizing the exportation or reexportation, directly or indirectly, from the United States or by U.S. persons, wherever located, to persons in Iran of "certain services, software, and hardware incident to personal communications". General License No. D-1 enumerates certain categories authorized for export to non-prohibited end-users and end-uses in Iran. Some Apple goods and Apple software fall into these categories. For scope and further details, see General License D-1 and the Annex to General License D-1, available from OFAC's Iran Sanctions Resource Center at http://www.treasury.gov/resource-center/sanctions/Programs/pages/iran.aspx.

then comming back to question , I believe correct answer is it true that Apple would like to certified LTE carrier and then put them in list of operator for iPhone . It's due to a lot of factor including (but not limited to ) wifi calling , frequency and bands , transmission to each cell station , etc

Suprising Apple let in latest release of iOS 8 to use lte widely , ether for those carrier that thry don't certified including in Iran ( remember it was warning when ever you enable lte that this carrier is not certified to provide lte , lab lab lab ...)

so they return back normal and now asking to use in certified network . I know that mtnirancell is working to get excemption from Apple , not God know when it will happen. Or maybe it will be chance Apple change their road map and plan to let every carrier provide lte to iPhone .

thats how iPhone differentiated in market as look like little bit cheek

at end , forget politic , enjoy life

R/

mohamad salehy

Oct 3, 2015 1:35 PM in response to msalehy

That is completely irrelevant. The fact that it would be legal for Apple to export products to Iran does not mean that Apple is under any obligation to do so.

There are no supported carriers in Iran. There are no authorized sources for ANY Apple products in Iran. Apple does not do business in Iran. If you don't like it, buy something else or move to a country where Apple has chosen to do business.

Oct 3, 2015 1:59 PM in response to KiltedTim

I Don't want to chasing with you but you need to improve you google search

and it's totally obvious you looking to this subject as politic issue

totally we have 87 million mobile subscribers in Iran with penetration of 27% smartphone that's became ~20m new branded handset . With leading Samsung Galaxy , iPhone place second position that's almost 3m active iPhone( different generation ) devices . Do you think Apple with this massive market is not involve into business ??!!! Again google it please ! I can see your record of reply in here is kilos, but google it please

I do telecom business professionally ! It's my job

please as ordinary Apple products user , if you don't know any thing about carrier specificstion or how they became certified , don't raise your voice as "there is no supported carrier in Iran "

if you have some thing new add it!

Oct 4, 2015 5:09 AM in response to msalehy

I honestly don't care what you do for a living. You do not know how Apple or their network certification program operate.

This is NOT a political issue.

Here is a list of supported carriers for the phone: Wireless carrier support and features for iPhone in the Middle East - Apple Support

Notice that Iran is not on the list.

If that's not enough, here is a list LTE capable iPhones and which models support LTE in countries where there are supported carriers: http://www.apple.com/iphone/LTE/

Again, note that Iran is not on the list.

Apple does not do business in Iran. They are not involved in the gray market that serves Iran.

Oct 4, 2015 6:40 AM in response to KiltedTim

There are more than only one country are official not supported from Apple with no apple store and so on means not in this list and all of them get problem with activation of LTE / 4G.

some countries solve the problem some not as example Sri Lanka and so on

THIS IS NOT A IRAN ISSUE !!!!!!!!!!

also if you are on travel you face this issue means your sim card is austria and travel to Swiss you will not get LTE as well.

I don't need to be expert to write my problems with Apple phone.

also I have problems with Lte and my problems are not limited to iran special if I'm on travel !!!!

my iPhones a factory sim unlock ( I buy my iphone with out contract in the apple Store ) italy and Austria but I'm not able to get lte activation on travel

so that is a Apple issue other phone don't have this problem not a county or boycott issue only Apple crate this problem

Apple do this base on request of us operators wo have problems of hackers special T- mobile ( who get hack for LTE activation under iOS 9 as alrady again)

this problem will be solve anyhow in a few weeks Apple will solve it or Apple consumer ( not only in iran ) need to use 3 party Solution.

so I believe Apple will do it.

thanks

I lost lte 4g after I installed ios 9

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.