Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Use iCloud email as Apple ID

I'm not able to use my @icloud.com email address as my primary email on my Apple ID. I've contacted the Apple support team and they told me it was't possible to change it to an @icloud.com email since it wasn't originally created with an Apple email domain (I used a @gmail.com domain).

I've changed all my internet accounts to this new iCloud email (from my previous Gmail account) and now the only one left is the Apple ID. It does't make any sense. Why am I not able to change it? I'd appreciate if you could change this nonsense feature and let me use my @icloud.com email as my Apple ID. You're letting me down Apple... 😠User uploaded file

Is there any way I can solve this?

iPhone 5s, iOS 9

Posted on Sep 18, 2015 9:07 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 18, 2015 10:19 AM

At present there is no way of solving this. You can create an Apple ID which is the same as the @icloud.com address belonging to the iCloud account using this ID< but only if you create the iCloud account and the ID at the same time from scratch. Once you've created an Apple ID using a non-Apple address you can't change it to the associated @icloud.com address. This is a long-standing restriction and there is no way of getting round it. There's no way of knowing whether Apple will ever change this.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 18, 2015 10:19 AM in response to Duarte_Ferreira

At present there is no way of solving this. You can create an Apple ID which is the same as the @icloud.com address belonging to the iCloud account using this ID< but only if you create the iCloud account and the ID at the same time from scratch. Once you've created an Apple ID using a non-Apple address you can't change it to the associated @icloud.com address. This is a long-standing restriction and there is no way of getting round it. There's no way of knowing whether Apple will ever change this.

Use iCloud email as Apple ID

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.