Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IOS 9 Siri failing

Last night I asked Siri to make a note to buy milk & corn at the grocery store. Siri did not respond. No echo of my request, no Siri response. The screen had the “What can I help you with” text that did not change.

This morning I repeated the request “make a note to buy corn and milk”. This time Siri echoed my request accurately, then responded “Uh of, something’s wrong. Can you try again?"

I repeated the request several times over a 15 minute period and always got the same response.

Looks like Siri is busted in IOS 9.

iPhone 6, iOS 8.1

Posted on Sep 18, 2015 9:07 AM

11 replies

Apr 1, 2017 9:32 AM in response to Cosman

It's 2017 and ios10 now and i have this same problem. Siri offers to take my note, hears my note, transcribes it on the screen and then can't turn it into a note. I get "uh oh something's wrong". I tried rebooting and turning siri on and off and a combination of the two. Nothing works. Geez, this is the simplest thing and we are how many years into siri?

Sep 18, 2015 9:29 AM in response to Tartfuel

1) I turned the phone on and off. Then I repeated the question to Siri. The response was “Sorry, John, something’s wrong. Can you try that again?"

This is a variant answer that I got several times before.

2) I went to Settings/…… and disabled, then re-enabled Siri. Same result.

Siri seems to work OK for other tasks, such as identifying members of my family and starting Maps.

Sep 25, 2015 6:01 AM in response to Cosman

I have had several more occasions where Siri did not respond. Every day when I leave work and get in my car, I call my wife to let her know I am leaving and if she needs anything at the store. I pick up my iphone, push the home button and ask Siri to turn on bluetooth to use with my car’s auto connect phone call feature.

After upgrading to IOS 9, Siri frequently does not function. After I make my request, the screen that says “Here is what I can do” pops up with no other response.

Yesterday, I decided to read back to Siri the first entry in the what I can do list. No response.

The root problem is the same, no matter what command I give - Siri is deaf - sometimes.

This morning, Siri worked fine. Is this a network/back end problem?

Feb 15, 2016 4:51 PM in response to Cosman

So here we're in February. I have exactly the same problem. Some "local" or "easy" commands work (like asking for the time). More sophisticated inquiries don't complete and result in "Uh oh, something's wrong.". It's been like this since the update.

Yesterday I had an appointment with the Genius Bar and they ended up completely re-building my phone. It worked for a little while and now is busted again. When I ask Siri what's on my calendar for tomorrow, she takes forever to come back with "There's nothing on your calendar." while I have several appointments.

Still no fix? Has Apple responded to this at all?

Mar 21, 2016 2:58 AM in response to RJAVHH

Exact same problem here. Some simple things work, but even those not consistently. I can ask for weather twice, and 2nd time it won't work.

Mostly I just get some variant of "something's wrong. Please try again later"

appointments thing is the same for me. Says I have no appointments when I clearly do

IOS 9 Siri failing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.