Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

since ios9 update cannot view calendar in Exchange OWA in safari

This is reproducible on any ios9 device in our Exchange 2013 organization. If a user opens the safari browser to our OWA page in order to view shared calendars, the calendars have no items on them.

We've cleared the safari cookies and history data and tried again, but no dice.

We do use Maas360 MDM and the native IOS applications, however the OWA website is the only way we have figured out to date how to view other people's calendars that are shared with you. We do know there is an OWA ios app, but it does not work with DUO multi factor authentication, so we just had the users use the built in iPhone browser.

We visit the same URL on a PC, and the calendars are fully populated. So the data is there in Exchange, but Safari in IOS9 is not rendering the event overlays on the calendar.

I have cross posted this to the Microsoft Exchange Server 2013 - Outlook, OWA, POP, and IMAP Clients forum to get a perspective from their side as well.

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8.4.1

Posted on Sep 18, 2015 9:15 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 18, 2015 12:08 PM

I just updated an iPad 3 but ensured I took a picture of it before and after. Same Exchange 2013 OWA site before shows a fully populated calendar when visiting the OWA web site in Safari or Chrome. Then after updating to IOS9, that same OWA site no longer shows any calendar events on the page in Safari or Chrome. I realize that Chrome uses the same rendering engine as Safari so whatever Apple did to Safari in IOS9 does not like Exchange 2013 CU6 Outlook Web Access.

Sure we use the native apps for contacts, calendar and mail, but the https OWA website is helpful for seeing other people's shared calendars through Exchange.

13 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 18, 2015 12:08 PM in response to cypherx

I just updated an iPad 3 but ensured I took a picture of it before and after. Same Exchange 2013 OWA site before shows a fully populated calendar when visiting the OWA web site in Safari or Chrome. Then after updating to IOS9, that same OWA site no longer shows any calendar events on the page in Safari or Chrome. I realize that Chrome uses the same rendering engine as Safari so whatever Apple did to Safari in IOS9 does not like Exchange 2013 CU6 Outlook Web Access.

Sure we use the native apps for contacts, calendar and mail, but the https OWA website is helpful for seeing other people's shared calendars through Exchange.

Sep 28, 2015 4:05 PM in response to cypherx

I agree and thank you for posting. I have the same issus with Oulook web calendar on IOS 9. it is blank and can not access any calendars I have access to. The + sign also does nothing. I tested and calendar works fine on IOS 6, 7 and 8 versions. Apple please fix. I also tried the Dolphin browser and get the same results as I do in Safari.

Oct 7, 2015 11:01 AM in response to aplord

bugreport.apple.com responded with this. However since it is a company exchange server, I cannot give them credentials to log in.

I do not have a Mac so I cannot complete these other steps as well. I did put a link to this thread in my response to them, but I am not sure if this will go anywhere. If anyone wants to get this information and post back, I can add it to the ticket # 22931545 with Apple.

Engineering has requested the following information in order to further investigate this issue:

Can we please get access to URLs to reproduce this problem?

Alternatively can we get a webarchive of this page?

Enable Remote Web Inspector on the iOS device:

Go to Settings > Safari > Advanced and enable Web Inspector.

Enable Web Inspector on the Mac:

Launch Safari and go to Safari > Preferences > Advanced and enable Show Develop menu in menu bar

Load the URL on the iOS device.

Plug the device into your Mac and navigate to this page.

On the Mac in Safari go to Develop > [device name] > [page url]

Click the download button in the toolbar to save this webarchive and attach here. Thanks!

Please provide your response or results by updating your bug report and compress any bundled files (e.g. nested folders) prior to uploading.

Oct 8, 2015 4:56 AM in response to cypherx

Hi Cypherx, thanks for the info and the offer.

I have produced

• a webarchive as per those instructions
  • a screen shot of the invalid OWA month display (empty calendar)
  • the equivalent display from an OSX 10.11 Calendar app (non-empty calendar)

I'm happy for you to add this to your bug report if you like

Cheers

<Edited by Host>

Oct 8, 2015 8:38 AM in response to aplord

I cannot find out how to PM on this forum (and I'm well versed in various different forum software!). I found a post from 2009 on here that says you can't PM, not sure if that's still the case, but the person in there with a similar situation suggested putting their email address in their profile, then telling the user to look there.

<Edited by Host>

Oct 8, 2015 8:23 AM in response to cypherx

The ToU state that you are not to share private information on these forums (see para 11):

Apple Support Communities Use Agreement

Sending someone else's diagnostic info to Apple is not a good idea as the support tech would want to converse with the person having the problem so they can have him/her conduct troubleshooting steps. The other poster can use the feedback option or, if he/she is a developer, they have the means to contact Apple directly.

http://www.apple.com/feedback/

Oct 8, 2015 9:08 AM in response to aplord

aplord, since you have diagnostic data can you open a ticket yourself at bugreport.apple.com ? You can log in with your apple ID. In the body of your message you could indicate ticket 22931545 as a reference if you would like.

This was my original ticket information.

Summary:

If you open Safari or any third party app store browser that uses the Safari rendering engine and go to the URL for a corporate Exchange 2013 Outlook Web Access link, when viewing the calendar in the web browser you no longer see any appointment overlays. Attached are two pictures from the same exact ipad. IMG_6756.JPG is the iPad on IOS 8.4.1. IMG_6757.JPG is the iPad on IOS 9.

We know that through ActiveSync we can connect to an Exchange account, and we do this, however the OWA site is still used to view shared calendars from other Exchange users in the organization, which is essential for setting up meeting requests or reviewing if another user is available at a certain time.

Steps to Reproduce:

Install IOS 9.

Open Safari.

In the URL / Address bar, enter the URL for the Exchange OWA site you have access to.

Click on the calendars.

Note how all calendars are blank, as seen in the attached image IMG_6757.JPG

Expected Results:

I would expect Safari to render the web page correctly, just like it did in IOS 8.4.1, and like all other browsers do on the desktop.

Actual Results:

The calendar looks completely blank. None of the overlays exist.

Version:

IOS 9.0.2 (13A452)

Notes:

Safari is not rendering the page correct since IOS 9, 9.0.1 and 9.0.2.

Configuration:

iPad 3 and iPhone 6+

Attachments:

'IMG_6756.JPG' and 'IMG_6757.JPG' were successfully uploaded.

Oct 10, 2015 9:50 AM in response to aplord

Just to add to this, I have not upgraded to El Capitan but did upgrade to Safari 9 and experience the same problem. My work's Exchange infra (don't know what version) serves up a page called Outlook Web "App" whereas my wife's work exchange serves up a page called Outlook Web "Access." My wife has no trouble viewing her calendar on my machine or any device with Safari or iOS 9, whereas I do. Hoping this helps.

Oct 21, 2015 10:08 AM in response to salilverma

"Outlook Web App" comes from Exchange 2013 and possibly an updated version of 2010, and "Outlook Web Access" is from 2010 and prior versions. I find it hilarious that a website is now an "app." Microsoft wants to be cool just like everyone else.

Back on topic: I'm also having the same problem on my new MacBook Pro. It's running Yosemite with the newest version of Safari (current as of the second week of October), and like everyone else, the calendar is blank and I'm unable to create new items. But the reminders show up. I just installed Firefox and it works fine.

Oct 29, 2015 8:38 PM in response to joeyza

I had the same problems with the calendar as described above. IOS 9, Safari and Microsoft edge browser.

This was resolved once Exchange 2013 on prem was upgraded from CU6 to CU9.

For Exchange admins that have the mailbox and cas roles separated - issues were resolved only after the mailbox servers were upgraded which I performed last.

Hopefully this will help some people resolve a few calls.

since ios9 update cannot view calendar in Exchange OWA in safari

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.