Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud status "Apple Music" instead "Matched"

Hi,

i am long time iTunes Match subscriber and i have also Apple Music subscription. But when i add new songs to my itunes library, song are not "matched", but the icloud status is "apple music", i try to delete these song and redownload from cloud, but the new files are DRM protected.. older song, that were matched before i activate Apple Music, icloud status label right as "matcher" or "uploaded".. but as i sad, all the new added are "apple music" drm files...

is there any fix or apple must fix it on his side/serves

Thanks

Jan

MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.5), 16 GB RAM

Posted on Sep 18, 2015 10:42 AM

5 replies

Sep 18, 2015 2:43 PM in response to Jan Nechyba

You are not alone on this issue, I have had this issue even on the latest version of iTunes (12.3). Many are experiencing this. Apple released iTunes 12.2.1 back in mid July, which was supposed to address this problem, but it still persists for many, even with the latest updates.

For me, it has been a mess to have both iTunes Match and Apple Music because it is hit or miss. Some of my music will match and others are apple music format.

I would strongly encourage you to send your feedback to the Apple feedback page: apple.com/feedback/ and also voice the issue by opening an iTunes support ticket.

I had enough, so I downgraded to iTunes 12.1.2, the iTunes version just before Apple music was released.

Some things you should know before considering this option:

1. This version of iTunes does not have the Apple Music feature on the desktop iTunes (you can still continue to use Apple Music on iOS devices with 8.4 or later)

2. In order to downgrade iTunes properly, you will be required to use a third party application called Pacifier for the downgrade to work properly (I can link to a discussion thread on here if you signal interest to go this route)

3. If you downgrade, you will lose metadata because you will have to delete the itl file stored in your music folder. So play counts, star ratings etc will not be up to date. If that matters to you, you should NOT downgrade.

If you have been backing up your computer, you may be able to retrieve the metadata file from an old backup, if you can remember when you updated from iTunes 12.1.2 to 12.2

It is a band aid fix, but that is what you will have to do for now until the issue is resolved

Sep 19, 2015 12:23 AM in response to steellogic

Hi steellogic,

i also had from starting Apple Music iCloud Music Library disbled, due to negative experiences i have read when Apple Music service start.. Now i try it, 2 monts later and its still a mess. I was thinking when it previously matched songs don't change from "matched" to "apple music", apple fix it.. but no..

So i leave feedback, as you recommended and leave iCloud Music Library disabled for now

Thanks,

Jan

Feb 10, 2016 10:33 PM in response to Jan Nechyba

just redoing iTunes Match for my own library and have noticed a couple ( actually 2 ) albums are saying "Apple Music" instead of "Matched" a bit disturbing, as i haven't heard good things either.. luckily i have both of these on disc, Re Ripping 2 isn't a big deal, but if it suddenly does ALL my matched music which is close to 12500 songs i won't be happy!

Feb 27, 2016 3:27 PM in response to Jan Nechyba

iTunes 12.3.2.15 - and it is still a problem. I had some music "Matched", deleted the original tracks and downloaded the matched tracks.

Next, they show up as "Apple Music," which cannot sync to my iPods. I also have old iTunes Purchased tracks (still at 128KPBS) show up a Apple Music. Crazy. How do I fix this?

I have everything backed up and replaced music is archived, but this is a pain to track. There are a lot of tracks that have issues.

iTunes match has gotten better, but I still have 2000 tracks with issues.

iCloud status "Apple Music" instead "Matched"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.