Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Will there be any problems when upgrading to El Capitan

Hey there!

I've got a MacBook Pro 9,1, 15 inch. I recently upgraded the RAM and SSD (Samsung 850 Evo).

Apple recently enabled TRIM for 3rd party SSD's, so i went ahead and enabled it.

I've looked it up, and there's really nothing to worry about on OS X as far as data loss goes.

Read this for a nice explanation as to why that is:

http://forums.macrumors.com/threads/os-x-el-capitan-opens-door-to-trim-support-o n-third-party-ssds-for-improved-performa…

"So as long as your SSD properly implements sequential TRIM (and all modern ones pretty much do, since TRIM is default in Windows and all drives want to support Windows), then you'll have zero issues with enabling TRIM in *any* version of OS X."

Anyways, do you think this will be an issue when the update gets officially released?

Thanks in advance,

Christian.

MacBook Pro (15-inch Mid 2012), OS X Yosemite (10.10.5), Upgraded to 8GB's of ram and an SSD

Posted on Sep 18, 2015 9:55 AM

4 replies

Will there be any problems when upgrading to El Capitan

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.