Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 9 has killed my iPhone

Yesterday I updated my iPhone 6 without problem, but this morning when I was changing the language to UK English the screen went black and now can't start the phone at all. It happened just after I agreed with the confirmation that I wanted to change the language.

iPhone 6, iOS 8.4.1

Posted on Sep 18, 2015 11:51 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 18, 2015 12:50 PM

try resetting it... hold power and home buttons until it starts up.

5 replies

Oct 5, 2015 3:06 PM in response to colmack2

Hi guys,

My iPhone 5S got killed after I upgraded to iOS 9!

After a few days, I couldn't turn it on anymore. Just dead. Then tried iTunes restore etc. Managed to restore it twice, once downloading iCloud backup, iPhone died again after a few minutes. Then thought it could be something to do with the backup, so restored as new iPhone. After a good 10 minutes alive, it died again.

Called Apple and they said I have done all I could and should take the phone to the store. I only have an Apple authorised reseller here so went there and the guy couldn't do anything and told me to send the phone to Apple as they can't repair iPhone 5S anymore. So I would have to pay $500 to Apple to get a new one. I only got 1 year warranty and no Apple Care.

Anyway, I managed to restore the phone again now and will try to downgrade to iOS8 and see how it goes.

I will let you know if iOS 9 is the killer!

iOS 9 has killed my iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.