Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ios 9 Calendar not syncing with google apps for business (exchange)

I upgraded my iPhone 5 and iPad 4 to iOS 9 and discovered that the native calendar app is no longer syncing calendar entries, up or down, to google apps for business (account properly configured as Exchange). It has been working on iOS 8. My Mac running Yosemite syncs properly to google. Email from that account also syncs properly to the native Mail app on both iOS devices.

As an additional test, I installed Google's Calendar app on the iPhone. Syncing between it and the google apps for business account DOES work correctly, which leads me to believe that the account is set up correctly.

Any thoughts? It seems that the calendar app is not behaving itself.

OH - One amendment. I have several accounts configured on the iOS device, including a normal (non apps-for-business) google email/calendar. They have all been configured in mail and calendar, and continue to operate properly.

iPhone 5, iOS 9, null

Posted on Sep 18, 2015 1:39 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 21, 2015 7:17 AM

Having the same issues here on several iOS9 devices and several GAPPS naccounts. Solved it by switching off the GAPPS Calendar in the Exchange (GAPPS) account and after a few seconds setting it back to on. Wait for syncing (depending on your period of history) your whole agenda but then syncing is restored again...

24 replies

Sep 20, 2015 9:16 PM in response to gpdrummer

I have an update to my earlier post... I tried setting up a CalDAV calendar account as a temporary alternate to my original Google Apps account. When going through the verification process, the message "Cannot Connect Using SSL" comes up. So, no verification of my account can take place. I know SSL is required when setting up with the m.google.com server which is required for this Exchange account. Help Apple!

Sep 21, 2015 7:20 AM in response to gpdrummer

Thanks also to SandemanvdV! I tried his suggestion and it appears that bidirectional calendar sync is again functional via the Exchange method for Apps for Business. Something must have become "stuck" during the ios9 upgrade and this unstuck it. Doesn't make sense, but at least I don't have to resort to awkward work-arounds. I will keep monitoring it just to be sure, but so far so good this morning.

Sep 22, 2015 9:39 AM in response to gpdrummer

I am having a problem with the Google Business Apps exchange calendar not syncing. I am using 2 - Step Verification. I have deleted and rebuild my GBA account in my iPhone and iPad with iOS 9 and that didn't solve the problem. I reset my network settings and that did not work. I deleted any extra exchange sync'd devices in my Google Business Apps Admin console, but that didn't work. My email works, but my calendar will not sync either way. Apple, this is a serious issue for your business users! It all worked fine with iOS 8, but when I upgraded to iOS 9 it is NOT working.

Sep 22, 2015 9:47 AM in response to BetterLivingRE

Update FIXED: I logged into the Google 2 - Step Verification set up and revoked and then restored my apps, specifically my mail and calendar app. I then set up the Apps again for my two iOS devices. I then went to the Calendar settings in my iPhone and shut off the Calendar, removed it from my iOS device, turned it back on and waited about ten minutes for the iOS calendar to repopulate. It seems to be syncing correctly both up and down at the moment. I'll update this thread should I run into any other issues.

Sep 30, 2015 8:31 AM in response to gpdrummer

Turning the Exchange sync off and on works only for a while and it stops syncing again.

I have tried the following and none worked on my iPhone or iPad (both on iOS 9.0.1):

• Turning Exchange calendar sync on and off
  • Turning sync off, restart the phone and turn it back on
  • Re-establishing the Exchange connection (delete the current account and creating another one)
  • Turning the sync off, turn off the new iOS feature for finding the event in Mail, and then turning the sync back on
  • And finally restoring the phone to factory default and setting it up as new iPhone (not restoring the iCloud back up)

It is very frustrating and I never know when the calendar is in Sync and when it's not, so now re-syncing the shine every 30 minutes and make changes to calendar only on Web.

Sep 30, 2015 8:34 AM in response to turbocharged

yes, I just had the same thing happen again as well. All my syncing via the Exchange method stopped 2 days ago again. I repeated the steps of going in to settings and turning off calendar sync, pausing a few minutes while it deleted copies on my local devices, then turned it back on. I hope this doesn't become a habit. Something is obviously getting "stuck" and it blocks all further syncs until syncing is manually reset. Annoying and untrustworthy.

Oct 2, 2015 2:55 PM in response to kentfromlouisville

Exactly! Having the exact same problem, and not just in Google Business Apps. This is so critical to me I finally took my Apple and iCloud calendars completely offline, downloaded all the Google Cal apps, and am not relying on the mixed calendar at all. Which is a shame. Can't afford to lose anything though, it doesn't just NOT sync, it completely deletes things from my calendar because of failure to sync. It's somehow giving priority to not having the event listed, no matter where I initially input the event.

ios 9 Calendar not syncing with google apps for business (exchange)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.