Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I connect my MacBook Pro Mid2015 with my iphone6 with bluetooth?

I can see the Iphone6+ listed from the Bluetooth file exchange window on my MacBook Pro but I can not connect to it.

I can see the MacBook Pro from my iphone 6+ bluetooth setup but it will not connect with it. It tries and says "Connection Unsuccessful"

What am I doing wrong?

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Yosemite (10.10.5), iphone 6 +

Posted on Sep 18, 2015 12:56 PM

13 replies

Sep 18, 2015 1:16 PM in response to Diagu

Why not? As long as they are in a supported format (mp3s are perfectly supported) You can import them into iTunes and then manually sync what you want.

Even if they aren't actual songs, iTunes does not care. You can assign them to albums, and add cover art. If they are audio books or any other audio, you can generally use albums and genres to organize them.

Not sure what type of flexibility you are looking for?

If its an audio file iTunes understands, you can import it and then sync it to the iPhone.

Move content from iTunes on your computer to your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Learn how to manually add specific songs or videos onto your iOS device from your computer.

Sep 18, 2015 1:21 PM in response to Phil0124

Just like iphoto is not sophisticated to manage the files of a busy photographer. I find itunes is not sophisticated enough to manage my audio files. I love my Mac and other apple products except for this lack of sophisticated solutions. Do you know of any 3rd party solutions that work better than itunes?

Sep 18, 2015 1:27 PM in response to Diagu

Without knowing what type of features you are looking for its hard to say. You have not told us what the audio files are, or what is so limiting about iTunes.

I have a friend who records his lectures, and manages them in iTunes by topic. So lectures pertaining to single Cell organisms are in one album, while Lectures pertaining to say arthropods would be in another. Things like that.

Sep 18, 2015 1:30 PM in response to Phil0124

I have lectures, talks, dharma talks, sessions with students, workshops, retreats, instructions, webinars, etc. I need more sophisticated file management and retrieval and more control than itunes allows. Any suggestions? Serious question, are you able to suggest anything beyond the apple policy view?

Sep 18, 2015 2:01 PM in response to Diagu

What policy view? I don't even work for Apple, so have no need to adhere to such things or snippy attitude form people I am trying to help voluntarily. .

Fine you have all those things, why exactly is iTunes not enough?

A friend of mine who gave lectures, used something a few years ago to organize his lecture audio files, but eventually moved to iTunes since he still needed it to sync to his iPhone. I don't remember what the software he used was called.

There are many alternatives to iTunes out there, but I'm not familiar with any since I have not had the need for it.

Looking through google yields several options, but you would have to see if the features they have work for you.

http://mac.appstorm.net/general/9-itunes-alternatives-you-should-know-about/

http://beebom.com/2015/05/best-itunes-alternatives

https://www.google.com.mx/search?hl=en&q=itunes+audio+manger+alternatives&gws_rd =cr,ssl&ei=YXr8VcG7Bo62yAS5yqWQCQ

How do I connect my MacBook Pro Mid2015 with my iphone6 with bluetooth?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.