Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How Do I get An App Out Of A folder and onto my first screen?

My weather app is in a folder on the second screen. I want to move it out of the folder onto my opening screen. How to???

iPhone 5c, iOS 9

Posted on Sep 18, 2015 1:26 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 19, 2015 6:09 AM

Open the folder, press and hold the icon until they all start to shake, then just drag it out of the folder. Once out of the folder, drag the icon to the edge of the screen towards your first screen., the screen will change, and you can then drop the icon by removing your finger from the screen.

Then press the home button to end the move.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 19, 2015 6:09 AM in response to 55Love

Open the folder, press and hold the icon until they all start to shake, then just drag it out of the folder. Once out of the folder, drag the icon to the edge of the screen towards your first screen., the screen will change, and you can then drop the icon by removing your finger from the screen.

Then press the home button to end the move.

How Do I get An App Out Of A folder and onto my first screen?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.