Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ios9 upgrade, Safari continues to crash with "web page errors". Web pages dont crash in other browsers.

IOs9 upgrade on my iPad2. Now Safari crashes constantly with "web page errors". Interestingly, there are no crashes of web pages and no web page errors when vrowsing the web using a microsoft product. Why cant my ipad browse without all the web page errors and ensuing reloads. My iPad is now almost useless, forcing me to return to the computer room with a big noisy desktop to read anything on the web, rather than sit in my living room and read while others watch TV. Apple, you have failed an entire community, me included. Please provide a fix for this nonsense you call iOs9.

iPad 2, iOS 9

Posted on Sep 18, 2015 2:37 PM

8 replies

Sep 24, 2015 3:09 PM in response to Thomik49

NO answer from Affable on their iOS9 problem... I just installed Affables iOS 9.0.1 (update with bug fixes).. Must not have the right set of bugs to be fixed. Safari continues to crash, Facebook is still crashing. Guys, if you want a Beta tester for your iOS or any apps, just let me know... I would volunteer to debug and rewrite your code too, but I'm retired after 40+ years in the industry. Maybe you can get a couple of the high school dropouts or college kiddies to put their collective mind into fixing both iOS 9.x.x and acy apps that are supposed to work with it, PRIOR to releasing it into the wild. My iPad continues to be FUBAR ( technical term ) and no hope in sight.

Sep 24, 2015 3:46 PM in response to Thomik49

User to user support Forum.

Apple does not read or respond to posts here, this is spelled out in the terms of use.

As for your issue- you are the only person I have heard of having this problem.

I beta tested ios 9 and updated to the public release and have had no issues.

Did you try any basic troubleshooting or just jumped on the forum to complain?

Sep 26, 2015 7:38 AM in response to Johnathan Burger

Mr. Burger,

Apparently your beta testing was not extensive enough or perhaps you were not using an iPad 2 as described by Thomik49. I too have had this exact problem with the iPad 2. Further investigation on your part would reveal that many are having the same problem. And yes, I have troubleshot the problem all the way to a total restore, to no avail. Possibly the forum could reveal a solution that another user has found effective to remedy the problem.

Oct 24, 2015 12:45 PM in response to Thomik49

I Have a 64 GB iPad mini MD530LL/A that is now crashing at almost every webpage that I try to load. Safari is the worst, but it also regularly crashes using other browsers and even Facebook app. It acts like a memory problem, but of course iOS doesn't allow for a whole lot of analysis. Regardless the thing is almost useless for browsing. It is very annoying.

Ios9 upgrade, Safari continues to crash with "web page errors". Web pages dont crash in other browsers.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.