Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 9 Slowed down my ipad mini 2

Hi. The new iOS 9 slowed down my ipad mini 2. The device is more laggy and make stutter sometimes when I close/switch beteen apps. I installed iOS 9 by a clean install (restoring ipad via iTunes). Anyone with the same problem? Any solutions? Or wait for further updates? Thank you.

iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi, iOS 9

Posted on Sep 18, 2015 4:14 PM

6 replies

Sep 20, 2015 2:05 PM in response to Wvtroutman

HI there,

I saw your response. I've been looking for an answer to the same problem.

I Wondered where you found the info you mention in your response because I'm very willing to explore further. My iPad and iPhone are my only means to Internet so this painfully slow wifi issue after updating to iOS 9 is very important to me to solve.

thanks for any help or info you can provide.

Oct 13, 2015 1:14 AM in response to jfcbPT

hi there,

absolutely the same problem... i made clean install and restore via itunes. ipad mini is so slow, almost impossible to use. i have to wait 3-5 seconds, so the ipad is responding. i type,.. and after 5 seconds the letters appear on the screen. same with my ipad 2 and same with iphone 4s. ios 9 killed 10 devices in my family. this is a nice/new strategy from apple to get rid of old devices. making them so slow.. that they become useless.. forcing you to buy always a new one which will last for only 2 more years before they kill it with an update/upgrade again.. since steve jobs is gone apple lost their vision to the highest quality standart.. just measure the quality of your apple device after two major upgrades.. it is always the same... every year a new ios.. same with macs... for the future... i will never upgrade anything... i got it for sure now..

Dec 7, 2015 3:50 PM in response to Briansyddall

IiPhone 4s and iPad mini 1 having 32bit architecture. Betwenn iPad mini one and two are dimensions. iOS 9 killed all 4s devices specially iPad mini one. apps open in 15 sec And longer browser the same.. And loading a side sometimes up to 30 sec.. My iPad is almost useless now just with an update. I did a fresh install twice with a backup. Nothing changed. I wish I could downgrade.. To ios 7. Apple did it definitely on purpose and if you google reviews from professionals they say the same..

iOS 9 Slowed down my ipad mini 2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.