Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to backspace/delete iTunes edit fields if auto filled

Hi, since the latest update to iTunes for Mac (12.3.0.44) I start typing to edit a field for a song, for example the artist, genre, etc. If there is a previous similar entry, iTunes as usual auto fills it. The difference now is, if that auto correction is not what I wish and so I press the Delete button to remove it, it doesn't delete.

The only way then is to go out of the field, select it again, and delete the whole field. But then I cannot enter what I would like as the auto correct happens each time. I'm guessing this is a bug in the latest version?

MacBook Pro (15-inch Mid 2012), OS X Yosemite (10.10.1), SSD, Optical Drive swapped for HD

Posted on Sep 18, 2015 5:01 PM

3 replies

Oct 7, 2015 4:08 AM in response to JDfunky

Had a chat session with Apple support today about this issue. The first support person could not get the behaviour to happen on his Mac. The supervisor however who came on next DID have the same issue on his Mac, and was quite surprised to see it. There was not fix he could suggest (other than temporary workaround to use "Get Info" (CMD + I) for each track to be edited, since the issue doesn't occur in that view.

He said he would report the bug to get it fixed in future.

Unable to backspace/delete iTunes edit fields if auto filled

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.