Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I drop from iPad Air 2 (iOS9) to a Yosemite Mac Mini plugged in via ethernet to Airport Express

I have an iPad Air 2.

I noticed that 'bonjour' or whatever Apples want to call it these days links my Mac Mini 2012 Dock to my iPad Air 2 (iOS 9) and shows the most recent safari page I was browsing.

I still, for the life of me, have never successfully 'Air dropped' a file.

My Mac Mini is connected to a recent Airport Express via ethernet.

Surely in this day and age I can just select the file on the iPad and drop it over without being connected via WiFi?

Please help.

Tim

Mac mini, OS X Yosemite (10.10.5), Late 2012, i7 quad 2.3, 16Gb RAM,

Posted on Sep 18, 2015 5:44 PM

1 reply

Sep 18, 2015 6:28 PM in response to Tim Keep

The quote below from Use AirDrop to send files from your Mac to another nearby Mac or iOS device - Apple Support may help -- and there may be more in that link as well.

Tips for sending files

1 Make sure Wi-Fi and Bluetooth are enabled on your Mac and your iOS device. Although you don't have to connect to a specific network, Wi-Fi needs to be on to send and receive files using AirDrop.

2 Move your devices closer together. AirDrop is designed to work within a range of approximately 30 feet (9 meters). If you need to send a file to someone farther away, consider using File Sharing, iCloud, or email instead.

3 If you're using a firewall on your Mac, you won't be able to receive AirDrop files if you have enabled "Block all incoming connections" in the Security & Privacy pane of System Preferences.

Make sure your devices meet system requirements for AirDrop.

How do I drop from iPad Air 2 (iOS9) to a Yosemite Mac Mini plugged in via ethernet to Airport Express

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.