Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 9 slide over issue with iPad Air

I have an iPad Air 1 that I updated to iOS 9 yesterday. When I try to use the new slide over feature, it does not show me my current open apps, but for some strange reason it opens the FaceTime app? This is the only app that it displays.

Is there any fix to address this bug?

Apple TV, Windows 7

Posted on Sep 18, 2015 8:14 PM

6 replies

Oct 4, 2015 1:50 AM in response to celliott147

Another iPad Air 1 here. Slide over *was* working great… until I tried it the other day. Now it doesn't work at all, no matter what app I'm in. If I slide from the middle of the right edge (which used to work), there's zero response. No tab indicator, no sliding anything. If I slide from the top or bottom edge, I get a little centered tab, as a cue for me to pull from the center. But it goes away after a moment.

The really strange thing is that it used to work, but no longer does. I've tried toggling the Multitasking settings, restarting the iPad, and even resetting it. I've also tried rotating the iPad, just to make sure it's not a sensor issue. But slide over seems to have decided to stop working, all on its own, and I've found no help online. Am I alone?

iOS 9 slide over issue with iPad Air

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.