Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Google books not being displayed properly after ios 9 upgrade

google books are not displaying in readable format in any browsers after ios 9 upgrade

iPad Air, iOS 9

Posted on Sep 18, 2015 7:03 PM

33 replies

Dec 31, 2017 2:29 AM in response to addy1920

It succeeds in enlarging the pages and the text, but it is a stop-gap, not a permanent solution. It allows the pages in Google Books to be enlarged very nicely, but does not at the same time enlarge the tiny thumbnails of the books that are shown to the left of the pages. What is still needed, at the end of 2017, on iOS 11 as on 9 and 10, is a proper fix for this problem. And the sooner, the better.

OTOH, the app is very much better than nothing 🙂 Many thanks for the link.

Oct 24, 2015 11:27 AM in response to Prasad783

I have this problem too on my Ipad and Iphone. The slow speed with which it's been repaired shows the contempt of Apple and/or Google for their users, their incompetence, or is an example of Apple and Google not cooperating. Apple also has cooperation problems with Microsoft and Adobe. And Apple will NOT let users give feedback directly to them.

One other pet peeve, while I'm spouting off. I am visually impaired. The text on Itunes is too small. It can't be enlarged. Despite repeated posts on this issue, and a letter to Apple, they've done nothing to help. They make a big deal about their tools for people like me, but their software is insensitive.

So with respect to the Google Books problem, I'd put the blame on Apple.

Nov 1, 2015 3:20 PM in response to sanfordius

If Apple doesn't want feedback from customers, then why do they have this page up: http://www.apple.com/feedback/

Additionally, you can create a free developer account and submit bug reports.

As for Adobe, I agree, but everything I've heard for years now is that Apple and Microsoft have an extremely good relationship. Supposedly, Microsoft has the largest team of Mac developers outside of Apple.

With that said, Apple and Google need to figure this Google Books problem out!!

Nov 8, 2015 12:52 PM in response to hanshotfirst1138

Thank you for trying to raise this issue with Google. I will do the same and perhaps the company who is really to blame will be shamed by the other to do something about it. Going on what sanfordius says above, the indications are that it is Apple that is at fault.

It certainly hampers the voluntary work I do researching, ucontributing, proofreading and editing Wikipedia entries, since I don't have access through an educational institution to electronic texts. A few publishers and authors might rather grumpy about this issue too!

Google books not being displayed properly after ios 9 upgrade

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.