Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPhone clock is ahead

Hello,

After updating to iOS 9 yesterday I went on time.is to check my clock accuracy (I do this like twice a week) and it shows my iPhone clock is 5.2 seconds ahead.

My Mac Clock is 100% accurate. My Time settings on my iPhone is automatic.

Could y'all please help me with how I could get this to 100% accurate time? Honeslty with iOS 8 it was never off by ±0.200 Seconds

I'm using an iPhone 6

User uploaded file

iPhone 6, iOS 9

Posted on Sep 19, 2015 12:43 AM

39 replies

Sep 30, 2015 4:33 AM in response to Donivan

No... he doesn't own an Apple Watch. I don't believe iOS 9 is involved with the watch... but dunno for sure!

I have no idea why iOS 9's clocking shouldn't be consistent with the quite accurate clocking of OSX 10.10 (Yosemite).

The clock on my iPhone is creeping ahead marginally day by day; today it's at +43 seconds! 😟

Sep 30, 2015 4:51 AM in response to grahammiranda

The Time.is server is always a bit off compared with the apple time servers (or the other way around). This has nothing to do with the device: you will find that with all your devices. In old days you could choose the time server yourself. In windows XP you can set the time server in the date/time settings yourself and maybe in newer Windows also, I do not remember. most time servers are a bit "off" from each other.

Sep 30, 2015 5:06 AM in response to Lexiepex

I’m not critical of the device! The problem seems to be with the operating system’s approach to how it obtains time information. Even were there to be a slight difference between time sources, wouldn’t you expect whatever differences there are to remain relatively fixed and not gradually diverge as what many of us are experiencing with iOS 9? When I first noted this “problem” (shortly after release of iOS 9), the divergence was ~+7 seconds; today it’s increased to +43 seconds!

Something is amiss!

Sep 30, 2015 5:34 AM in response to nkh

I never compared over a long time. So I can not answer that. Probably the difference is not constant.

If you reset the iPhone and do a "forced start" immediately after you note the time difference, is the difference very different? If yes you should make a feedback to apple (feedback link on all apple sites) and perhaps even visit the Apple Genius.

(force start: press and hold the Power and Home buttons at the same time, do not release until the white apple logo).

Lex

My iPhone clock is ahead

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.