Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

email attachments lost for old emails after update to iOS 9

After upgrading to iOS9 I have lost all my old email attachments

iPad, iOS 9

Posted on Sep 19, 2015 1:49 AM

33 replies

Sep 19, 2015 11:06 AM in response to barje

This will only recover emails that are still on the server. My server (Verizon) deletes email after 7 days. All of the REALLY important ones that are gone are older than that.

I tried "syncing" and it didn't work. Then I even tried to do a Restore--unfortunately, the only Backups that seem to be available were done after the update.

As a computer pro, if they not on the sever and not on the backups (both iCloud and my computer), then they gone.

I am not happy.

Sep 20, 2015 10:37 AM in response to barje

Same problem here...I am not happy. I have Roadrunner email and once I download the emails onto my computer they are no longer on the server.

Deleting account, putting back in, and syncing does no good since the information is no longer on the server.

I have lost all content of the emails with "The message has not been downloaded from the server" showing instead. It was there before IOS9 update and now the content is gone!

Apple need to respond ASAP to this issue and let us know how we get the content back.

I updated using iTunes, so space was not an issue. I have 19 GB of storage open on my phone.

Thank you,

Mike

Sep 21, 2015 8:26 PM in response to barje

this is exactly what has happened to two of my I phones and 2 I pads i can send an e mail from my home computer with attachments see it on my devices then within a half hour it is gone again. very frustrating as i e mail architectural plans almost everey day sure hope Apple fiqures it out. Wish i knew how to go back to ios8 i have lost over 200 e mails with attachments

email attachments lost for old emails after update to iOS 9

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.