Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Newsstand folder

So with the iOS9 update they removed Newsstand. I read that if you used Newsstand with iOS8, a Newsstand folder would be created with all your magazines etc. in it. I didn't use the Newsstand a lot, I think the last time I used it was in iOS7 but it still had magazines in it that I bought, quite a few actually but I didn't get the folder created. How can I access these now? Have they just gone??

Posted on Sep 19, 2015 2:50 AM

4 replies

Sep 22, 2015 3:43 PM in response to liseelulu

Newsstand is no longer on the iPhone. You can still use the same apps, however. Newsstand was basically just a dedicated folder. Simply redownload the apps you had in it.

About News and Newsstand - Apple Support

What happened to Newsstand?

If you used Newsstand with iOS 8, the app will become the Newsstand folder when you update to iOS 9. The folder will keep your existing magazine and newspaper apps, and you’ll be able to move and organize it like any other folder.When you download a new newspaper or magazine app from the App Store, it will appear alongside your other apps on the Home screen.

What about my existing content and subscriptions?You’ll still have your Newsstand magazines and newspapers, and your subscriptions will continue.

Oct 7, 2015 10:22 PM in response to Kilgore-Trout

is this honestly your answer to the question?

you reposted a nugget of information that in a vague, abstract sort of way--may or may not relate to the original question. I can't tell if you're joking or if you're under the impression the info you referenced is sufficient.

we can all read the apple release notes, we don't need it repro'd here. if you know something the rest of us don't please enlighten us.

Newsstand folder

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.