Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I remove "back to app" feature on iOS 9?

I Hate when I go from facebook to messenger and then in upper left corner says " back to facebook". Can I turn it off somehow??

iPhone 4S, iOS 9, null

Posted on Sep 19, 2015 3:31 AM

14 replies

Oct 4, 2015 1:29 PM in response to Rocksiphone

No response to this yet? Really sick of that stupid little "button" blocking my signal strength indicator. I don't like using LTE data if I don't have to and the "back to app" button constantly forces me to skip to the home screen to check if I'm on WiFi or LTE which is a pain in the ***.

Come on Apple, just admit the "back to app" thing was an after-thought that you just slapped on because Android has a better version of that functionality. Either rework it so it's actually useful or let me turn that "feature" off.

Oct 6, 2015 1:31 PM in response to joshfromlouisburg

Something additionally annoying about this that I have noticed since my first reply is that all of the links that I open into Chrome from my gmail app now stay open. They used to close when I was done reading and hit the back to gmail that was built into chrome. This was great because there was no need for the tab to stay open and take up system resources. Now I end up with chrome having 20+ tabs open that I have to constantly close myself.

Nov 10, 2015 10:01 AM in response to Patrik4Susac

This bothers me as well, as it blocks the signal strength indicator for Mobile Network and Wifi. A quick workaround is to slide down your "Notification Centre"... This will provide you with that information when it is being blocked by "Back to..." shortcuts.

Hopefully Apple will make this an option and not a mandatory thing soon within their settings.

Nov 27, 2015 11:35 AM in response to edo471

This a community support forum. Apple does not address issues presented in this forum. Yes, you can "report" this feature/bug via the Feedback page (http://www.apple.com/feedback) and please do! We need numberous feedback reports before this feature is even considered for revision. I just submitted feedback on it. It completely blocks out the numeric signal strengths when in Field Test Mode. This will not do!

Can I remove "back to app" feature on iOS 9?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.