Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhoto 9.2.1: Orte (Landkarten) verschwinden sofort beim Start (OS 10.6.8)

Orte (Landkarten) werden plötzlich nicht mehr dargestellt bzw. erscheinen beim Start kurz hinter einer Dialogbox (LittleSnitch-Abfrage) und verschwinden dann sofort (OS 10.6.8). Bis letzten Monat funktioniert es prima:

unter iPhoto 9.2.1 mit OS 10.6.8 -

Ich hatte (als es noch funktionierte) knapp 20.000 Fotos in der Library und nichts mehr hinzugefügt.

Wenn ich Little Snitch kurz abschalte, ändert das nichts.

Was tun???

iMac (27-inch Late 2009), Mac OS X (10.6.8), 8 GB RAM

Posted on Sep 19, 2015 4:18 AM

1 reply

Sep 19, 2015 8:51 AM in response to rainerfromessen

Google translation:

Places (Maps) are suddenly no longer be displayed or appear at the start just behind a dialog box (LittleSnitch query) and then disappear immediately (OS 10.6.8). Until last month, it works just fine:

under iPhoto 9.2.1 with OS 10.6.8 -

I had (as it still worked) added almost 20,000 photos in the Library and nothing more.

If I turn off Little Snitch short, that does not change.

What to do???

iPhoto 9.4.3 and earlier relied on Google maps for the location function. iPhoto 9.5.1 and later relies on Apple's Maps for the location function.

A over a month ago Apple's contract agreement with Google to use it's maps expired and was not renewed. Therefore all versions of iPhoto earlier than 9.5 have lost their location function.

We don't know if Apple will be offering an update to those earlier versions so they can work with the Apple maps but it's doubtful.

The workaround is to upgrade to Yosemite and obtain iPhoto 9.6.1 from the App Store by following the directions posted by Tererence Devlin in this post:

Terence Devlin

Apr 14, 2015 11:21 AM

Re: Is Iphoto gone ? i want it back!

in response to Johannes666

Recommended

Go to the App Store and check out the Purchases List. If iPhoto is there then it will be v9.6.1

If iPhoto 9.6.1 is there, close the App Store, drag your existing iPhoto app (not the library, just the app) to the trash and then go back to the App Store.

Install the App from the App Store.

Sometimes iPhoto is not visible on the Purchases List. it may be hidden. See this article for details on how to unhide it.

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4928

One question often asked: Will I lose my Photos if I reinstall?

iPhoto the application and the iPhoto Library are two different parts of the iPhoto programme. So, reinstalling the app should not affect the Library. BUT you should always have a back up before doing this kind of work. Always.

NOTE: you must first have some version of iPhoto 9 installed in order to quality for 9.6.1 from the App Store.

User uploaded file

iPhoto 9.2.1: Orte (Landkarten) verschwinden sofort beim Start (OS 10.6.8)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.