Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bootcamp NO BOOTABLE DEVICE

Hy community,

To begin, sorry for my english, i'am a frenche user 🙂

Since three days i try to install Windows 7 64bits on my iMac 20" inch (early 2009) on Yosomite 10.10.2, but it doesn't work. I have a superdrive but every DVD i'm putting is ejecting or the wrinting failed.

So, I have modified the info.plist. I have tried two methods to attempt to erase the "No bootable device" after bootcamp process.

I'm using an 2.0 USB Kingston 32Gb DTSE9. The other usb i have is an 3.0 USb and I read this type of USB is not accepted by the bootcamp process.

First: run bootcamp, check the three options (iso, drivers, installed W7). The bootcamp partition is great created, the iMac reboot, but i have the "No bootable device" on black screen.

I need to press ALT on the reeboot to select OSX partition.

Second: run bootcamp, check ISO file, unckecked drivers and installed W7. The bootcamp partition is great created.

I ran a second time bootcamp and I ckeck only Installed W7, the iMac reboot, same message.

Please, i need you for my problem.

I have read some similar topic but I don't find the good answer for resolve my problem.

Thanks a lot.

iMac (20-inch Early 2009), OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)

Posted on Sep 19, 2015 5:46 AM

72 replies

Sep 19, 2015 5:52 AM in response to razekiel

Your model (despite the modifications to Info.plist) does not support booting from the USB. The modified info.plist will only let you create the USB.

If your built-in Optical drive is not working repair/replacement is the easiest and correct fix. All other workarounds may or may not work depending on your specific configuration.

Sep 19, 2015 8:17 AM in response to razekiel

razekiel wrote:

🙂

Since three days i try to install Windows 7 64bits on my iMac 20" inch (early 2009) on Yosomite 10.10.2, but it doesn't work. I have a superdrive but every DVD i'm putting is ejecting or the wrinting failed.

Even if you can burn an ISO to a DVD, you still need the issue with your internal Optical drive fixed.

Oct 10, 2015 4:30 AM in response to Loner T

Sorry for the delay of my feedback.

I have tried to burn iso Windows 7 on several DVD rom but i dont know if is it an error of burning, or if the superdrive is faulty...

So i have ask an other DVD rom of à friend and i'm gonna tried with this.

But, if i undestrand, they aren't others way to install Windows thanks to bootcamp if i have an iMac 2009 late ? Seriously

When i'm reading this thread i'm understanding that is possible to install win7 on iMac with superdrive but thank's to an usb 2.0 with iso file windows installed. That's riche ?

Thank's

Oct 10, 2015 5:33 AM in response to razekiel

But, if i undestrand, they aren't others way to install Windows thanks to bootcamp if i have an iMac 2009 late ? Seriously

When i'm reading this thread i'm understanding that is possible to install win7 on iMac with superdrive but thank's to an usb 2.0 with iso file windows installed. That's riche ?

Can you please explain a bit more? Are you asking if the iMac can use an external USB Optical drive to install Windows?

Oct 10, 2015 7:00 AM in response to razekiel

razekiel wrote:

Sorry, i forgot to paste the link of the thread

BOOTCAMP ERROR MESSAGE: NO BOOTABLE DEVICE - INSERT BOOT DISC AND PRESS ANY KEY

The user uses an usb key 2.0 to installed Windows 7 on his iMac

The Mac in the thread is

iMac (21.5-inch, Late 2012), OS X Yosemite (10.10)

You have

iMac (20-inch Early 2009), OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)

From a previous post...

User uploaded file

Bootcamp NO BOOTABLE DEVICE

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.