Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPod wiped after iTunes update 12.3.0.44

Hi,

I recently updated iTunes on my iMac (Yosemite 10.10.5) to the latest version, v12.3.0.44. The OS X El Capitan update hasn't arrived in my App Store yet.

When I connected my iPod Classic, iTunes said it couldn't read the data on my iPod and suggested I should click Recover. I did click Recover, but when the pop-up asked if I was sure that I wanted to continue, I clicked Cancel. I'm a 100% sure I clicked Cancel, but my iPod was wiped anyway. So, well, you know... bummer.

I was wondering if anyone else has had the same problem? I don't think there's anything I can do about it now, but maybe there's something I can do to prevent this from happening again.

Maybe it's worth mentioning that my iPod is configured for Windows because I used to have a PC when I started using the iPod. But it's been working fine on both my iMac and MacBook Pro for over a year now.

Anyone in the knowledge? Thanks.

iPod classic 160GB (Late 2009), OS X Yosemite (10.10.5)

Posted on Sep 19, 2015 8:21 AM

1 reply

iPod wiped after iTunes update 12.3.0.44

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.