Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Error message: Attempting to copy to the disk "Data" failed. An unknown error occurred (-54)

I got this error message "Attempting to copy to the disk "Data" failed. An unknown error occurred (-54)" while syncing my iPhone6 Plus (IOS 9) to iTunes 12.3.0.44 (64-bit) on Windows 7 / Outlook 2010. What does it mean? How can I fix it? Thanks in advance.

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 9

Posted on Sep 19, 2015 7:34 AM

1 reply

Oct 9, 2015 12:28 AM in response to hkgolfer

It seems other people have this question, including myself, and I'm sure the number will grow. I'm actually on a Mac and having the same issue while trying to sync my iPhone 6. Please let me know if you find anymore information. I've had iOS9 beta for some time so I suspect it is the iTunes update that is causing the problem. I'm running the new "El Capitan" operating system, but if you're getting the error on Windows 7, I'm sure it's iTunes. I'm going to try to install the previous version of iTunes.

iTunes 12.3.0.44, iPhone 6, iOS 9.1

Error message: Attempting to copy to the disk "Data" failed. An unknown error occurred (-54)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.