Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Siri wont speak even when voice feedback is set to always.

Everything was working fine until i updated my phone to ios 9.Siri wont speak even when the voice feedback is always on.Tried restarting my phone and turning siri on and off.Nothing helps!!!

iPhone 5s, iOS 9

Posted on Sep 19, 2015 8:39 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 19, 2015 1:32 PM

Many of us have had the same issue. The only way I could fix mine was to do a backup... Then do restore of the iphone. This takes a LONG Time but will fix the issue. (For me because of a 64 gb phone and 133 apps the restore was 2 hours).

7 replies

Oct 13, 2015 10:16 AM in response to Cyberian

Okay this is really weird… for giggles I switched over the Siri voice from British to American.. just the opposite of the advise here. (I had the British accent activated when I updated to IOS9) and suddenly Siri spoke to me! I can switch to every accent except the one I always used... British. So… apparently whatever you used when you performed the update is deactivated??? Can someone else verify this? Weird.

Siri wont speak even when voice feedback is set to always.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.