Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Server 5 Mail Status: Users may not be able to access all domains from the Internet

I updated to Server 5.0 and now there is an alert next to the Mail icon in the navigation area and a colored alert (triangle!) after Status on the Mail page/screen followed by the message, "Users may not be able to access all domains from the Internet"

One of my domains has a red dot and the message (then I drill down on it that is it No reachable, MX record does not match this host) so I'm guessing that could be the reason for the alert.

Is that assumption correct? I will be looking at the MX record at the registrar.

Could there be something else?

I see in the Mail Server Error Log I'm getting a load of Permission denied errors on the /Library/Server/Mail/Data/mail/(guid) directories and Internal quota calculator errors.

Mac mini, OS X Yosemite (10.10.5), Mac mini server

Posted on Sep 19, 2015 2:19 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 19, 2015 7:20 PM

That was the reason for the warning message. I modified the DNS record and the Domain's indicator is green and the alert is gone.

The error log messages were something else entirely for which I found some answers else where.

6 replies

Sep 20, 2015 8:31 AM in response to desmondfnz

I logged into the domain registrar's website and used their tools to edit the DNS record on their domain name servers. I then corrected my error in the MX section of the record.

In another browser window opened the DNS record for a domain that was correctly configured and compared the two records. This is very important to do as registrars are not consistent in how they label the fields in these record editing pages.

I had the server section of the record pointing at mail.mydomain.com when it really should have been @. There is a target field and that is the proper location for entering mail.mydomain.com

I saved the record and waited for the changes to make their way around the Internet.

Sep 24, 2015 10:18 PM in response to Tom LeBlanc

I just started getting this warning tonight after updating Mac Server to 5.0.4. But I cannot change my MX record because my mail is routed through a DNS hosting service that transfers inbound mail on insecure ports and forwards it to my mail server on encrypted ports (since my ISP has closed the insecure ports).

Is there a way to modify the DNS service on my local server to fool the Mail service into thinking the MX record matches?

Thanks.

Server 5 Mail Status: Users may not be able to access all domains from the Internet

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.