Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes has greyed out songs that won't burn to CD

Hi,

I have several songs on iTunes that are greyed out within albums that are normal (ie in black)

I tried to burn a playlist the other day with one of the greyed out songs included and this song did not burn to the CD.

The tracks play if I am in iTunes but they won't appear otherwise (on CD's).

I've made sure that this laptop is authorized but I do not know how to make the song 'ungreyed.' Songs from the same album are not grey

Thank you for all your help!

Posted on Sep 19, 2015 1:02 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 28, 2017 7:31 AM

In the latest version of iTunes on my Mac, in the pane on the left > Library > Songs to see if one or more songs have no check in the checkbox to the left of the title for a particular Artist. Checking the box and re-syncing to your device should resolve and issue where a song or songs aren't present on an iPhone or iPad.

10 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 28, 2017 7:31 AM in response to IHaveAProblem2

In the latest version of iTunes on my Mac, in the pane on the left > Library > Songs to see if one or more songs have no check in the checkbox to the left of the title for a particular Artist. Checking the box and re-syncing to your device should resolve and issue where a song or songs aren't present on an iPhone or iPad.

Oct 5, 2015 6:26 AM in response to IHaveAProblem2

I had this problem too. Try clicking the drop down menu under "Playlist" on the upper right corner of the iTunes menu, and choose "Songs". Now, look at your playlist again and make sure all of the boxes next to the titles of the songs that you want to include on the CD are checked. When you return to "Playlist" in the drop down menu in the upper right, those songs should no longer be shaded grey and they will now burn on your CD. Hope that helped.

iTunes has greyed out songs that won't burn to CD

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.