Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

3 iPod Shuffle-4, 2 hold 270 average 3-min tunes, 1 holds only 134 3-minute tunes?

I've set up two iPod-4 for Alzheimer patient use; both 2GB units hold 270 3-min/average tunes. I bought a third iPod-4 2GB unit for my sister; this one holds only 124 3-min/average tunes. Anyone know why?

I set all three units to allow voiceover ID of artist & tune. On the first two units, that knocked capacity down from 300 to 270 tunes. But, I have no explanation for the third iPod-4 lower storage capacity.

iPod shuffle

Posted on Sep 19, 2015 1:57 PM

4 replies

Sep 19, 2015 4:28 PM in response to ChipDale

OK, I removed a few of the 4-5min tunes and substituted 2-3min tunes; now capacity is reached at 194 tunes with voiceover. I can find no way to determine how much of the 2GB storage is filled. So far as I can tell from the iPod itself and it's packaging material it is a Shuffle Model A1373 Ser# CC4072LSGK68. It's a little hard to access and read those ID markings for a guy at age 70 with cataracts, even with my glasses and a magnifying glass. Even my LED mag-glass didn't help.

I just want to discover if the 2GB storage is filled up because 76 fewer tunes capacity than the other two 2GB Shuffle iPods doesn't make sense to me.

3 iPod Shuffle-4, 2 hold 270 average 3-min tunes, 1 holds only 134 3-minute tunes?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.