Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

itunes 12.3 not displaying artists or album artwork in Apple Music

I am running Windows 7 64 bit and just updated to iTunes 12.3. My update seem to work properly however when i run iTunes it isn't properly showing artist album artwork in the 'For You', Connect, and New sections of Apple Music.

I have closed and re-started Windows and iTunes numerous times with no fix. I also signed in and out of Apple id numerous times to try to correct with no fix yet.

Posted on Sep 19, 2015 5:37 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 24, 2015 3:33 PM

I have the same exact problem with iTunes 12.3 and I am running Windows 7 64 bit. Did you figure out how to fix it?

27 replies

Sep 24, 2015 8:50 PM in response to abigkid1

Unfortunately I have not figured out how to fix this issue. I have tried numerous trouble shooting actions, such as un-installing and reinstalling iTunes, signing in and out of my Apple ID within iTunes and still not fixed. iTunes and Apple Music still functionally works but the image files on the album artwork & Radio stations are not loading fully in the "for You, Connect, Radio and New" sections of iTunes. I am still trying different methods but still no success yet, it could be a bug in the 12.3 iTunes version for Windows 7, not sure. Good luck and let me know if you are able to correct the issue on your side.

Sep 28, 2015 11:30 AM in response to mmarano

I have tried numerous things to troubleshoot the issue and it is still not fixed. I did the uninstall and reinstall of iTunes, deleted the entire album and imported it again, changed windows settings and nothing fixed it. I even called iTunes Tech support and spent several hours on the phone with them trying various things and it still did not get fixed. The Rep I spoke to was going to do some research and call me back but I never heard back from her. She kept telling me I wouldn't have this problem if I was using IOS. They don't want to admit there is a problem and so I don't have much faith in apple that it will get fixed.

Oct 6, 2015 10:25 PM in response to mmarano

I spoke with Apple support for an extended period about this issue and they weren't able to figure it out. I'm on Windows 10 and found that the way to reverse this problem for me was by right clicking iTunes and going to Properties>Compatibility>Settings and unchecking the box titled "Disable display scaling on high DPI settings". After doing that, the images in Apple Music and Radio displayed correctly, but all of iTunes was blurry and items were too large. So basically you're left to choose between blurry/large iTunes or Apple Music with no images. Hopefully they will release a fix to this bug ASAP.

Oct 7, 2015 12:40 AM in response to twictae22

Thanks for sharing.

Unfortunately the workaround you described didn't do the trick for me: all the checkboxes in my compatibility settings are already disabled (and greyed out).

Playing with other compatibility settings does not work either 😟

Guess we have to wait for a new iTunes release, hoping that Apple is aware of the problem.

Oct 7, 2015 11:10 AM in response to twictae22

Thanks @twictae22, I think you are onto something here. The problems does seem to be related to display scaling.

Using "Disable display scaling" settings on the iTunes executable did not work for me. But disabling the global "Make text and other items larger or smaller" did work (right click on the Desktop and select "Screen resolution", click "Make text and other items larger or smaller" and set the size to 100%).

Oct 7, 2015 2:16 PM in response to frodesto

Hi frodesto,

Thanks for your posting and nice catch. The DPI/Screen resolution tip actually did fix the issue in iTunes 12.3 on my Windows 7 64bit machine, however I need to keep my system at a larger than 100% DPI setting. Hopefully Apple releases an updated iTunes soon fixing the ability to support >100% DPI / Screen resolution settings in Windows, this certainly seems to be the bug/issue in iTunes for Windows.

itunes 12.3 not displaying artists or album artwork in Apple Music

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.