Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes 12.3.0.44 does not recognize connected iPad or iPhone

After upgrading to latest version of iTunes (12.3.0.44) 64bit, it no longer recognizes the iPhone or the iPad, when I connect them to the PC. I use Windows 10 on a Surface Pro 3, and have not had this problem in the previous version of iTunes.

Does anyone see the same problem, or has anyone a good suggestion on how to solve the problem?

Poul

iTunes 12.3.0.44-OTHER, Other OS, Windows 10

Posted on Sep 19, 2015 5:40 PM

110 replies

Sep 19, 2015 7:06 PM in response to PHDK

I have the same problem. Spent some quality time at the Microsoft Store today in fact... I think it's a windows issue. Every time, I hook up my phone to my Surface Pro 3 (note, hubby duplicated error on his gaming laptop that was upgraded to Windows 10), the phone immediately gets an inquiry regarding allowing the pc to access photos and videos via the new Phone Companion app that got installed either during or shortly after upgrading to windows 10 in a round of updates that auto installed. And, when you say - yes, trust, you can now access video and photos from the phone. All on windows software.

And, it's not just my iPhone/iPad I'm having problems with. My Olympus Camera - no longer recognized by the pc and Olympus software when I plug it into the computer. And, I'm having mouse "flaking out" issues. Windows 8.1 - no issues. When I first upgraded to Windows 10, I don't recall problems with the mouse and other drivers... now after some updates and I get a moment to work on some things... it's like NOTHING WORKS with this freaking software. Hoping Apple can get iTunes working with everything, but again -- I'm not convinced it's "just an Apple problem" like they said at the Microsoft Store.

I also walked across the isle in the mall -- literally -- into the Apple Store and asked them about what I perceive to be a driver issue. The gal suggested I call up Apple Care to get help as the Apple Care personnel has Windows training and will be able to remote in and see what's going on... SO, I'll be scheduling that into my schedule soon.

Personally, my favorite moment of the day was at the Microsoft Store when the geeks looked at me and after having had a geek huddle confirmed that yeah - they were out of ideas... so my options were to revert back -- oops, missed that 30 day set in stone deadline -- or since the 8.1 key is "technically" still part of the machine, I could make an appointment after I travel next week and have them rebuild my computer, which means I loose all the files and have to start from square one loading in software as it's a complete wipe. OR, I can wait it out and it'll all get fixed eventually. OHHH and in the meantime, if I happen upon a fix, please let them know, because you know there are a lot of us Apple iPhone/iPad/iPod users who happen to own a PC.

Sep 19, 2015 8:30 PM in response to pelaras04

I successfully synced my iPad PRIOR to upgrading iTunes to 12.3.044 from my Windows 10 (not Surface) machine. Therefore I believe this particular problem began with the recent iTunes update. However, I'm no longer able to directly manage files (pix & vids) from iPhone or iPad from my Windows 10 machine, which has been going on for awhile - so THAT may be more a Windows issue.

Sep 20, 2015 5:33 AM in response to drjunk

I have the same issue, win 10 and the new iTunes don't recognize the iPhone or iPad the apple mobile device USB driver is not loading at old also trying to point to drivers at c:\program files\common files\apple mobile device support\drivers\usbaapl64 and still nothing. anyone have any suggestion also deleted iTunes and reloaded again and still nothing

Sep 20, 2015 9:15 AM in response to PHDK

I'm having the same problem... I also have Win 10 64 bit. The my ipad Air was recognized just before the upgrade to itunes today, but immediately following, i cannot get itunes to see it. So its NOT Win 10. Its definitely an itunes issue/bug. If you have Win 10 x64 and itunes and want to upgrade don't do it right now if I were you.

Sep 20, 2015 9:24 AM in response to Ancerys

I have the same problem on a Surface 3 running Windows 10 for a while only after updating iTunes to 12.3.0.44 - never had any problem with syncing the iPhone or any other USB driven devices until now. So this seems to be an Apple problem, THEY are the ones who have to test their software updates on a considerable number of test machines before releasing ot to th world. Well, sh... happens, so what is needed now are either updates or workarounds so we can all continue work.

BTW, I wanted to do a backup before upgrading the iPhone 6 to iOS 9, so I am still on 8.4 with my problems.
Tom

PS: And - dear Apple - while you are at it, please also have a user interface design expert look at the iTunes interface and workflow!-)

iTunes 12.3.0.44 does not recognize connected iPad or iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.