Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Audiobook tracks truncated to half length on iPhone 6 Plus

I have several audiobook tracks that are about 5 minutes long and operate perfectly in iTunes on the Mac, but after repeated syncs and also trying a complete removal of all audiobooks followed by a re-sync to restore all audiobooks, these same tracks only run about 2:45. Using an iPhone 6 Plus 128GB (about half full) and MacBook Pro 17" early 2011, USB/Lightning cable sync. No change seen in this problem after upgrade from iOS 8 to iOS 9. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 9, 128GB

Posted on Sep 19, 2015 8:37 PM

1 reply

Oct 8, 2015 12:15 PM in response to jdds

This could not be resolved, even working with techs at the Apple Store. I had to rip the original CDs again to iTunes on my Mac, then sync the new content on the iPhone. Now it works fine on the iPhone. We can guess that there was some kind of corruption of the files on the Mac, even though the tracks played fine from beginning to end on the Mac.

Audiobook tracks truncated to half length on iPhone 6 Plus

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.